• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Re-enable location free on 3.40OE-A/3.51M33

Roe

Ok I know that not many people use the location free player but for those of you that do, here's a guide to re-enable it in 3.40OE-A and 3.51M33. Don't use this guide if you want japanese/korean/chinese fonts as it gets rid of them.

NOTE:THIS GUIDE ACCESS' FLASH0. IT IS POSSIBLE TO SEMI-BRICK BUT IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO A TEE IT SHOULD WORK.
Anyway with all that said on with the guide.

1. Follow my guide HERE to free up the space needed to re-enable the location free player.

2. Download these files View attachment OE.rar if you are on 3.400E-A or these files HERE if you are on 3.51M33.

3. Access the recovery menu by turning off your PSP completely then hold R when turning it back on.

4. Go to advanced/Toggle USB (flash0).
NOTE:If you are having trouble accessing flash0 follow my guide HERE to fix it.

5. Plug your PSP into your PC via usb cable.

6. Navigate to vsh/nodule then copy all the .prx files in the folder you just downloaded in there.

7. Now navigate to vsh/resource and put all the .rco files I gave you in there.

8. Exit recovery mode.

9. You should have location free player back on your psp.

If anyone has any problems please post below and I will be happy to help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice guide. BTW, feel free to attach the files to the post. That way we don't have to worry if the link goes down.

Roe

Just a question... Im working on a guide for re-enabling it in 3.51M33 so should I rewrite this guide or make a new thread?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just a question... Im working on a guide for re-enabling it in 3.51M33 so should I rewrite this guide or make a new thread?

I would keep it in the same thread. Aren't most of the steps for M33 the same? In the beginning, give people a link to download the files depending on which firmware they are running.

Roe

They are kind of the same but sometimes, in M33 theres troubles with accessing flash0 or 1 through recovery so I have to change it in accordance to that but other than that its the same so I'll start it tomorrow. But for now I'm off to bed

Roe

Oh.... Sorry man, overlooked it. It allows you to watch tv on your PSP. You need a speicial unit though which costs quite a bit. So not many people use it

PlayerH04

Still Didnt Work

im on CFW 3.51 M33-7

i just got my location free device in the mall earlier today and i was all excited to re-enable it and get it workin... i did everything you said and when i click on locationfree on the [Network] of my psp... nothing happens... i would like to stay in 3.5x only because i have a ps3 as well and i use remote play... if anyone can help me out that would be great...

to anyone looking to get a LocationFree LF-B10.... there on ebay for about $75. i saw one go for $60 so there dropin in price...

but again PLEASE HELP!!

PlayerH04

Positive

ive done what you said about 4 times now... using the back up folder i made and deleting all the files you gave me and trying again...

PlayerH04

heres what i did

i erased all the content in the gb3s1518.bwfon and saved it as a blank page(should i delete?) then downloaded the jpn0.pgf and replaced it with the old one in the "font" folder.

then i downloaded your folder "locationfree351m33" and put the 3 prx files in the nodule folder where there are a bunch of other prx. and put the rco in the "resourse" folder... and then i get out of recovery mode and nothing happens... i click location free on the psp and the little circle shows up in the bottom right hand corner for about 2 seconds the goes away.

i live in the united states... i dont think that has anything to do with it but im runnin out of things i can try

naddynad

problem (nothing happens)

Ok I know that not many people use the location free player but for those of you that do, here's a guide to re-enable it in 3.40OE-A and 3.51M33. Don't use this guide if you want japanese/korean/chinese fonts as it gets rid of them.

NOTE:THIS GUIDE ACCESS' FLASH0. IT IS POSSIBLE TO SEMI-BRICK BUT IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO A TEE IT SHOULD WORK.
Anyway with all that said on with the guide.

1. Follow my guide HERE to free up the space needed to re-enable the location free player.

2. Download these files HERE if you are on 3.400E-A or these files HERE if you are on 3.51M33.

3. Access the recovery menu by turning off your PSP completely then hold R when turning it back on.

4. Go to advanced/Toggle USB (flash0).
NOTE:If you are having trouble accessing flash0 follow my guide HERE to fix it.

5. Plug your PSP into your PC via usb cable.

6. Navigate to vsh/nodule then copy all the .prx files in the folder you just downloaded in there.

7. Now navigate to vsh/resource and put all the .rco files I gave you in there.

8. Exit recovery mode.

9. You should have location free player back on your psp.

If anyone has any problems please post below and I will be happy to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

I followed these steps to the letter, i even redid it several times and still no luck. I click location free and nothing happens. I am using 3.40 OE-A. I tried changing processore speed and still no luck. If anyone knows what my problem is please HELP. maybe someone else had a similler prob they fixed.

Thanks guys!!! :)

naddynad

Same Problem for me

i erased all the content in the gb3s1518.bwfon and saved it as a blank page(should i delete?) then downloaded the jpn0.pgf and replaced it with the old one in the "font" folder.

then i downloaded your folder "locationfree351m33" and put the 3 prx files in the nodule folder where there are a bunch of other prx. and put the rco in the "resourse" folder... and then i get out of recovery mode and nothing happens... i click location free on the psp and the little circle shows up in the bottom right hand corner for about 2 seconds the goes away.

i live in the united states... i dont think that has anything to do with it but im runnin out of things i can try

Looks like we are having the same problem.
I deleted all the txt in gb3s1518.bwfon and then resaved it to psp under same name in same folder. Then copied all 3 .prx files to vsh/nodule and then copied all 9 .rco files to vsh/resource. Then i exited the recovery and tried opening the location free player. I also tried reseting the default setting on the psp as i heard this can fix the browser if it is not oppening properly but it did nothing for me. I even tried using the files for the 3.51M33 firmware but those did not work either. once again i am using 3.40 OE-A. if u need more info on what i am doing just ask. I would appreciate any ideas!!

:(

Roe

Hmmmm... It sounds like something became corrupt in the files I uploaded. I will remake the guide so that you guys can retrieve the rcos and the prx's yourselves.

Edit: I dl'ed the files from the link and it worked on my psp. I'll try on a friends PSP and come back with the results.

PlayerH04

2 part

thanks so much for helpin out... looks like im no longer alone...naddynad welcome to my problem... i dont know what else to tell you. i tried the same thing with my friends 3.40 OE-A and nothing happend as well. im stuck. i hate being stuck. hopefully hell come back with good news.... till then, im just going to keep messing around with it... let me know if you come up with anything

Roe

Ok I tested it and it didnt work.... Then a thought came to me. It may have something to do with the mobo's. What version mobos have you guys got? Look inside the UMD drive and see if there is an "IC1003" on the green part when you look inside. Tell me if you do.

PS: could someone with a ta-082 mobo or less try this out and tell me if it works