• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Reactivation of Steam account; GOG account failed to connect

ηλίας

Screenshot 2021-11-10 174635.jpg

Hey! I quit exophase a few years ago, but would like to reactivate my Steam account jthvai (following the instructions above).
Furthermore, as above, my GOG account ilxas doesn't seem to want to connect. I've included my privacy settings below.
Screenshot 2021-11-10 174653.jpg

Thank you very much in advance!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Removed the restricted flag on your Steam account - should be able to add it now.

The GOG site itself also shows "no results found" when I try search your username although I do see a profile exists at https://www.gog.com/u/ilxas. Haven't seen that happen before. I don't think there is a profile setting that excludes you from the search either so that's strange.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 2.10.29 PM.png

We can probably just check that page to grab your user ID but right now the crawler relies on that same search they use for the Add Friend box so I'll have to make some changes.

ηλίας

Thank you very much for the prompt response!

1636605936685.png

1636605952131.png

I just noticed this in the GOG settings page - I had a hunch this might've been the setting that was preventing my account from being found in the friend search, and after ticking that, I have successfully connected my GOG account to exophase. I missed it in the guide screenshot, sorry!