• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Ready at Dawn Passed On Vita, New IP Is A Next-Gen Effort

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
rad.jpg

Ready at Dawn, the studio behind both God of War PSP installments, already voiced their intent to move over to consoles. In fact, they began assembling a team for an 'AAA' console project in March of last year. While details on that effort have yet to surface, the studio has no intent to revisit its portable roots with the Vita, having turned down the idea of creating another mobile God of War game.

"It's an idea that was floated as far as what could happen on the Vita[...]

Continue reading: Ready at Dawn Passed On Vita, New IP Is A Next-Gen Effort...

Hellcat

Contributor
Too bad, I'd have loved to see a GoW on the Vita. Wonder how amazing it would've looked liked, the PSP ones were amazing already.

Well, GoW 4 on the PS4 it is then, huh? ;)

Maybe someone else will make a GoW like game....

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
A little bit disappointed that we will be missing out on such a great team with the Vita but I'm eager to see what they come up with next. God of War was fun on the PSP but I'm fairly certain another studio can step up and give us a similar experience outside of the world of Greek mythology (please Darksiders...although doubt that will happen)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
well we can't make enough money in the portable market, so screw all you gamers, is what I'm making of this.

That's one of the largest factors when deciding development - heck that's why we've seen Infinity Blade on the iOS devices and not Android (well Android's fragmentation has part to do with it as well). Developers go where the money is and it's always been like that sadly.