• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Recommend a Tablet please!

sirfkartik

I want to buy a laptop, that has i7 (my purpose here is to have a powerful processor), and supports multitouch. Please suggest tablets that have already been released or will be released before April. And mention their price too!:biggrin:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You want an i7 with multitouch (that's a "tablet")? I don't know any off the top of my head because you will most likely only find "tablets" that have either a core i3 or core i5 processor. Most i7 processor laptops feature a 15.4-17" screen and are not tablets or convertible tablets.

Seth

MD Party Room
If you dont want to fork over about $2000 then you might wanna look and a different kind of computer. Any Tablet with a i7 is going to run you 1800+ and on top of that there not all that good. Also multitouch capability is not built seamlessly into Windows and pretty much sucks alot of ass. On top of all that from what I seen they all use integrated graphics cards and most cant be upgraded, thus capping anything you might want to use a i7 for.

In my taste unless you got a ton of money to waste then no there not worth the price.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There are a few such tablets out, one from Fujitsu, HP, and so on. I don't know if any of 'em are worth the price.

Ah, wasn't aware of those laptops...they sneaked past me.

The Fujitsu T900 is a bit pricey and apparently the touch screen isn't as responsive or accurate as other tablet PCs

HP doesn't have a core i7 tablet but it does have a nice core i5. The EliteBook 2740p is HP's best tablet PC right now. It costs a lot but you definitely get what you pay for (I would recommend this one if you had the money). You really don't need a core i7 on a laptop, core i5's are just as good

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The HP Elitebooks are VERY nice, I'd recommend them.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
1700 for a laptop is not bad at all?

1700 for something that wont last more than 3 years can go eat a bag of baby dicks, I wouldnt pay over 1000 bucks for a laptop anymore.

[Even if it is a tablet PC]

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
1700 for a laptop is not bad at all?

1700 for something that wont last more than 3 years can go eat a bag of baby dicks, I wouldnt pay over 1000 bucks for a laptop anymore.

[Even if it is a tablet PC]

You're paying for performance, portability and functionality. My tablet PC (HP tx1000) has lasted me close to four years now and is showing no signs of giving up. It's taken quite a beating as well but leaves me wanting for more performance.

Granted I probably wouldn't buy it full price (1700) but wait until it goes on sale (generally 1300)

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I guess it comes down to user - Im super clumsy so delicate things tend to break around me, ive destroyed every laptop ive ever owned because of damages.