• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Relatively cheap Android phones?

RoBz

sucker
I'm in the market for a new phone and I'm liking the look of Android OS so far. my budget is around $250.

I need wifi, 3g, >=2 megapixel camera, micro sd card slot, bluetooth. Ideally i'd like a qwerty keyboard but i might make an exception on that, GPS would be nice, 3.5 mm audio jack would be nice too, but not necessary.

i might try get it online, unlocked and contract free...not sure on that yet

any suggestions?

Adiuvo

Motorola Backflip. ~$100 with a contract if you are OK with one.

RoBz

sucker
sorry, probably should've mentioned that, i'm not really ok with a contract, i just find it much easier to stick with pay as you go. thanks though.

edit: although that phone does look really nice, and seems fairly available and cheaply on ebay.

RoBz

sucker
Yeah I'm not mad on the tattoo. But the more i look at this Motorola Backflip the more i like it, looks like you can get it unlocked and sim free on ebay for around $280. seems pretty good to me.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I have a Tattoo and I like it... I'd say the real downside to it is no camera autofocus and low resolution.

Seth

MD Party Room
GSM unlocked I take it?

Riorio99

The Xperia Mini Pro is very nice, but I'm sure it fits your specifications exactly. I know it runs Android and has a keyboard, nor do I know of the price, but it does run with cheap contracts, so I'm sure its pretty cheap.

RoBz

sucker
GSM unlocked I take it?
yup
The Xperia Mini Pro is very nice, but I'm sure it fits your specifications exactly. I know it runs Android and has a keyboard, nor do I know of the price, but it does run with cheap contracts, so I'm sure its pretty cheap.
That does look pretty sweet, seems a fair bit more expensive than my budget though.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Adiuvo

It'll be upgraded to 2.1 by September.

As for now, it doesn't really bother me much. The only app I really want that I can't get it the NYT Reader app.

RoBz

sucker
Awesome, I think I might just go with the Backflip so. I won't order it for a day or two incase theres some awesome phone that Im missing