• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] M for Mature RSS Widget

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Hey guys - I've been working on my iPhone company/business site and decided to make a blog for it. When I did that I felt that I had to make an RSS Widget for my customers as well. Long story short, I wanted to learn by making a couple for various sites that I frequent.

Anyways, it's on version 1.0.1 so far and yes, the gfx look terrible right now but hopefully by the next update I'll have cleaned them up a bit.

This widget pulls in the last 10 stories and displays a short summary with the occasional image as well. Click on the "i" button at the bottom right to switch to the reverse side and change the amount of text displayed in each summary.

Without further ado, a screenshot:

screencapture1a.jpg

You may download the file here.

Additional Mirrors:

Sendspace
RapidShare

Instructions for installation:
  1. Download the file
  2. Unzip the .zip with am opener of your choice
  3. There will then be a widget file - double-click it for installation
  4. Click Yes on the prompt
  5. Done!

Let me know about any comments/criticisms in this thread ;)

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Thanks Nimsical.

I've been very busy with school but I'm trying to think of a way to integrate the forums with it as well as make it look more appealing in general ;)

Nothing set in stone, but an update can possibly be expected within the next 2 weeks or so.