• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Released Filer 5.8

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Changelog:

General:

* added Swedish mode
* added a feature to ignore analog pad

Filer:

* added a feature to extract all files in an archive file.
* fixed a bug that files in RAR archive which had a broken filename (e.g. '?') could not be extracted correctly. (Those "unusable" characters will be replaced into '_')
* fixed a bug that memory leak was occured after failing to extract archive files into RAMDISK.
* fixed a bug to have shown wrong count of files after copying.

mediumgauge

Developer
I am so disappointed that in most of the website that reports Filer, the "donate" section from my changes, is removed.
You, yes I mean you, are just like a baby bird - opening mouth, receiving software, and paying nothing.
Stop a while and think a little - do softwares fall like rain? NO. Someone in the world creates, tests, fixing bugs, and releases. It is a hard work.
I hope you (yes, you) will think about it.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
I am so disappointed that in most of the website that reports Filer, the "donate" section from my changes, is removed.
You, yes I mean you, are just like a baby bird - opening mouth, receiving software, and paying nothing.
Stop a while and think a little - do softwares fall like rain? NO. Someone in the world creates, tests, fixing bugs, and releases. It is a hard work.
I know that lol, I just don't have the money.
The only reason I posted the changelog is because you didn't, I just took it from QJ.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

I just donated $10 :) But yes, other sites often neglect posting the donation link - it is indeed a shame. In my news posts here I always try to include a donation link to the author.

mediumgauge

Developer
x3sphere, thank you for a donation.
I think you work a lot - for Filer and other softwares - and you have a right to use.
I don't complain if you (and one who worked for Filer) did not pay.
I want to tell that I am impressed by your donation. Thank you a lot, x3sphere.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
x3sphere, thank you for a donation.
I think you work a lot - for Filer and other softwares - and you have a right to use.
I don't complain if you (and one who worked for Filer) did not pay.
I want to tell that I am impressed by your donation. Thank you a lot, x3sphere.

Yep no problem, you are welcome :)

dennis96411

If I had the money I would've donate it to you. Too bad I'm 12... I've been using this for 2 years, the best ever, with Xplora under it. Let's hope that people donate to Dark Alex...

angelsniper45

It would be great if you added support for psp slims, so we wont have to keep opening eloader everytime we need to use it XD

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
It would be great if you added support for psp slims, so we wont have to keep opening eloader everytime we need to use it XD
are you fuckin' kidding?
filer has worked on psp slim like a normal hb since like... almost ever.

p.s.
most useful homebrew ever:D
(together with CFE)

angelsniper45

hmm thats wierd. mine never works. it always shows up as an error message, unless im running it through eloader.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
hmm thats wierd. mine never works. it always shows up as an error message, unless im running it through eloader.
Have you copied the kernel 3 folder into x:/psp/game?
if yes, set your kernel setting in the recovery menu to 5.xx.

tell me if it worked

angelsniper45

its does :) , my original filer i downloaded wasnt from here, and just included the normal eboot etc.

Thanks!