• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

[Request] Change EXP calculation of DLC trophies

Skumblex

Hi,

I just found out that the EXP for DLC trophies is calculated via the percentage (people who earned the trophy)/(people who own the DLC). However, in case there are only 1 or 2 new trophies in a DLC, this leads to some weird behaviour. The best example would be this trophy https://www.exophase.com/trophy/the-last-of-us-ps3/83229-completed-grounded-mode/, which is hard to obtain but only gives 10EXP since you have to earn the trophy in order to count as a player who owns the DLC (so this will always remain 10EXP, no matter what happens).
Another problem with the current system is that the same DLC trophies on Steam are much higher in value when compared to other platforms (since Steam does not tell which trophies are DLC).

So I would suggest using the ratio (people who earned the trophy)/(people who own the game) for all trophies (including DLC) and on all platforms.

What do you think?

EDIT:
Here is a good example of a trophy that is worth (a lot) more on Steam:
https://www.exophase.com/achievement/rage-2-steam/2101958-nightmare/ VS https://www.exophase.com/trophy/rage-2-psn/264465-nightmare/
45 EXP VS 10 EXP

Last edited:

Jarzor

I completely agree. Downloadable content is part of the game. Also, many games come in GOTY / Ultimate / Complete Edition (all DLC included), or have free DLC (game updates) like the NG+ DLC of RAGE 2, Horizon Zero Dawn or Spider-Man. Even remastered games like The Last of Us Remastered or Uncharted 3 Remastered have separate DLC lists with rarity calculated independently. It just makes no sense to me.

I didn't see this thread when I made the same request elsewhere (I saw that you commented there), so I come here now to support it.

Edit: This is another good example:
Note that for Steam it's the GOTY Edition (all DLC included) and even then only 5% of the players got the achievement, while for PSN it's 100%.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I completely agree. Downloadable content is part of the game. Also, many games come in GOTY / Ultimate / Complete Edition (all DLC included), or have free DLC (game updates) like the NG+ DLC of RAGE 2, Horizon Zero Dawn or Spider-Man. Even remastered games like The Last of Us Remastered or Uncharted 3 Remastered have separate DLC lists with rarity calculated independently. It just makes no sense to me.

I didn't see this thread when I made the same request elsewhere (I saw that you commented there), so I come here now to support it.

Edit: This is another good example:
Note that for Steam it's the GOTY Edition (all DLC included) and even then only 5% of the players got the achievement, while for PSN it's 100%.

That's a good point. I will say though, in the case of GOTY games or those that just pre include DLC we could auto detect that and just treat all achievements as part of the base game. Not something I considered before but it's doable.

For other games however, since I don't have a way of identifying owners of a DLC without them earning at least one achievement, I agree this is problematic for calculating the true rarity. If we were able to detect owners without them earning any achievements in the DLC, it'd be less of an issue. So I am leaning towards treating all DLC as part of the base game until we can figure out a better solution in the future. I'll make the change soon unless anyone else has a better idea.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
As you may have noticed, I updated the EXP calculation on DLC trophies a few days ago. Let me know if there are any issues!