• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

James.

User Not Found
The game is out in Japan, and it's region free.
You know where to get it.

I'll have it in a few hours (Hopefully, if the "postman" arrives)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Eurogamer Face-Off (I love this series they do.)

Face-Off: Resident Evil 5 Article - Page 1 // Xbox 360 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

And so we come to the absolute crux of the issue here if you're fortunate enough to own both machines: which release to buy if you own both systems. Game content is identical on both machines, and while PS3 owners still get a decent enough version, it's the Xbox 360 rendition that is clearly the more attractive, solid and more playable game. However, the fun of the co-op mode is orders of magnitude more important than the differences between the two conversions, so the core issue comes down to which set of online buddies you want to be playing this game with. Spend more time on PSN? Go for PS3. Got a whopping great Xbox Live friends list? Buy that one and consider the better visuals and smoother gameplay a nice Brucie-bonus.

Gutya

I played this game last night (can't remember much but I won't go into that) and it was pretty fun, only played the first two levels before I crashed and went to sleep though. Gonna fire it up now and play another level before I go out.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Beat it a couple of days ago, without saying too much the story felt a little underwhelming for the last game in the umbrella story line.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
people have been complaining about the control scheme all over the place. Capcom themselves stated that if they wanted to make you able to run and shoot at the same time they would do that like Lost planet but this is Resident evil and not gears of war or anything. seems people these days just need an excuse to complain about anything because they have nothing better to do with their time.

Trigun

Here's the Deal, RE4's controls brought the Series up to modern standards in 2005, so it's control scheme was sufficient. It's now 4 years later, and they're releasing an HD version of the same game, with controls that are now 4 years outdated.

For a person like me who didn't even like RE4 when I played it 2 years ago, this just isn't going to cut it.

This game might be a rental for me... Maybe.

I honestly can't figure out the appeal of RE games. They're not scary, the story is a goddamn joke, and now, the gameplay is completely outdated. How did this series even reach a 4th sequel?
Jesus Fucking Christ what were you expecting them to do with the gameplay and controls? were you expecting it to completely radically different?
it seems that RE5 Suffers FF8 Syndrome from gamers. As Do many games. it's rather sad actually.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Jesus Fucking Christ what were you expecting them to do with the gameplay and controls? were you expecting it to completely radically different?
it seems that RE5 Suffers FF8 Syndrome from gamers. As Do many games. it's rather sad actually.

The antiquated control scheme worked for older iterations of the title, but they've moved it from horror into action without updating the controls. It worked for RE4 and other titles previously, but people like myself think that an update on the controls would have added to the gameplay instead of detracting from it.

Trigun

The antiquated control scheme worked for older iterations of the title, but they've moved it from horror into action without updating the controls. It worked for RE4 and other titles previously, but people like myself think that an update on the controls would have added to the gameplay instead of detracting from it.

They could've changed the control scheme but Cacpom stated specifically they kept it for one simple reason. it's resident evil not gears, and not lost planet where you can run and shoot. plain and simple, i'm glad they did. i wouldn't want to be playing gears of planet Evil 5. Even if the control scheme is old. Basically Re5 is to Re4 as Re2 was to RE just like Halo 2 to Halo FF8 to FF7 and so on

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I forgot to mention that I picked this up at Toys R Us today and they gave me a $20 gift card with it. Not a bad deal.

@trigun - Moving while shooting wouldn't have made this Gears of War or Lost Planet. Just having the ability to slowly walk backwards would have been welcomed instead of sprinting back 20 yards, doing a 180, and then continue to shoot. It still would have been RE. Just RE with a more modern control scheme. In any event, the game is still decent.

Trigun

I forgot to mention that I picked this up at Toys R Us today and they gave me a $20 gift card with it. Not a bad deal.

@trigun - Moving while shooting wouldn't have made this Gears of War or Lost Planet. Just having the ability to slowly walk backwards would have been welcomed instead of sprinting back 20 yards, doing a 180, and then continue to shoot. It still would have been RE. Just RE with a more modern control scheme. In any event, the game is still decent.
When i played the demo i'm pretty sure you could walk backwards right?

anyway though the choice to not move and shoot was a decision in order to try and keep the feel of resident evil and i largely agree. Because minus spin offs and rail shooters you could never run and shoot in RE.

everyone has their own opinions and no matter what there will always be complainers and naysayers, i will buy and choose to very much enjoy the game regardless and thats all that really matters in the end