• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

Sinfulfate

Basically Re5 is to Re4 as Re2 was to RE just like Halo 2 to Halo FF8 to FF7 and so on
Not really. More like RE 5 is to RE 4 as Madden 09 is to Madden 08.

Anyway does this game support co-op over LAN or is it just online and splitscreen?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I Disagree , i won't argue further but thats all i will say. I disagree.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Started last night and finished up 2-1 before I made my way to work this morning. Pretty fucking fun so far. No moving+shooting kind of threw me off but I've adapted. That first boss was a son of a bitch too. So was the chainsaw guy.

TeamOverload

Started last night and finished up 2-1 before I made my way to work this morning. Pretty fucking fun so far. No moving+shooting kind of threw me off but I've adapted. That first boss was a son of a bitch too. So was the chainsaw guy.

You mean the boss at the end of 1-2? He wasn't too bad, a bit tricky at times, but the battle itself was still insanely fun.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Finished it up last night. Shoulda played it on Veteran the first time around so I could get Pro unlocked. Ah well. Got unlimited ammo for my shotgun now, as soon as I get my magnum fully upgraded and unlimited ammo I'll plow my way through Vet and Pro with a couple buddies.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Is it worth the $60 bucks or should I just rent it?
How long did it take you guys to complete the story?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I couldn't tell you how long, I always pause games and walk away for hours at a time over the weekend and the clock was running for me I think.

It's worth a rent. I haven't tried co-op yet, so maybe playing on a higher difficulty setting and co-op would be fun.

I just hate inventory management in every game. It's the fucking worst. Mass Effect was a pain in the ass and so is this game with messing around with your gear. You get nine spots to carry stuff for you and another nine for Sheva. So if you want to roll with four weapons yourself, you're already full because you need ammo for those things.

My load out was the Pistol, Shotgun, Magnum, and Grenade Launcher for when you were overwhelmed. With the ammo box for pistol, shotty, and magnum, I was only left with two open slots. Then towards the end of the game, you need to use one of those spots with a bullet proof vest, you can only have one free spot.

So basically I pared back what Sheva carried and made her my nurse and gave her a sub-machine gun and a rifle with not much ammo and about two health sprays.

Apart from that, it has it's fun parts and looks gorgeous.

Slasher

Suck It
I'll be getting this for my birthday in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to playing it. I don't particularly like the setting whatsoever considering it's a Resident Evil game, but it does still look like a decent game worth buying. After playing RE4 and not really digging the setting or the supposed "zombies", I was really hoping that RE5 would bring it back to a more traditional take on things. It seems as though they've stuck to the RE4 route though, so I'm still waiting & hoping here.

To be entirely honest I have no clue what the RE story is. I just know the general 'zombies are taking over, so lets get outta here' type of story that each game shared. Does the RE4 story (Was there even one with any depth? I forget) have any influence on RE5?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The levels are pretty diverse. I won't spoil where you go, but you're only in that Shanty Town for the very first part of the game.

@Trigun - (mild spoiler) [BLACKOUT]It seems yours Gears of War comment had some irony seeing that you basically use a Hammer of Dawn in this game to take out a boss.[/BLACKOUT]

TeamOverload

Just finished it up, I loved it. Will be curious to see how the Versus mode DLC turns out to see if it's worth a purchase.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Just finished my second run through, I played through normal first, then Mister Chief and I made our way to the 4th chapter on vet last night. I just finished the rest up and unlocked professional. One more run and I'll be done.

Seth

MD Party Room
Just picked up the game. Traded in cod4 and zelda:Tp and paid 20 bucks for it so it was kinda of a good deal.

Seth

MD Party Room
So anyone wanna play co-op some time on ps3,feel free to give me a pm or somthing if you see me online..

If you dont have my psn is vanden9

Mister Chief

Just finished my second run through, I played through normal first, then Mister Chief and I made our way to the 4th chapter on vet last night. I just finished the rest up and unlocked professional. One more run and I'll be done.

You need to help me finish it up sometime. I tried playing through with the AI and it's just impossible.