• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Resistance 2 Co-op

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Well, I was just playing some Resistance 2 and I thought I met set up a Co-op session for tomorrow night, around 11:00PM EST (GMT-5).

I just got black from playing about 10 rounds and I have to say that most people who play R2 co-op are absolutely and completely mentally handicapped. Even when I directed these people what to do over the mic - including what button to press - they couldn't do it or just ignored everything and let everyone die.

It would be nice to play with anyone who has even a remote idea of what to do.

If you're really not sure, everyone on this forum is smart enough to pick it up, so here is a list of your jobs in co-op:
Soldier - You are the shield. You provide a shield for everyone else. Do not move too suddenly or go off too fast while there are enemies attacking, try to be predictable and give warning when your shield is running out or when you're backing up over the mic [if you can]. This is your primary function in the team. You also kill things, obviously.

Spec Ops - You provide ammo. Keep everyone stocked with ammo. This is probably the most important class for keeping a team running smoothly. When Soldiers have a shield up, it runs out pretty fast. If you throw ammo into that person, however, the shield can stay up infinitely. If you do not keep up with this, it is likely the shield could fail and many people could die... Please don't be that dick who just runs around and focuses on kills instead of giving out ammo - YOU ACTUALLY GET MORE XP FROM PROVIDING AMMO. I don't know how many times a mission has failed because no one had enough ammo.

Medic - You heal, obviously. Just, keep healing a lot, haha. You get lots of XP, probably more than any other class. This is the easiest class to pick up.

It would be nice if you could also post here what class you're going to be so we can try to create a balanced squad. Thanks guys :)

I'm going to be a Soldier.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've got a Level 30 Soldier, Level 8 Spec Ops, and a Level 10 Medic. I'm a beast as a Soldier, but will only switch to it if we need one as I'm trying to level up the other two classes.

The last two rounds I played as a Soldier, I went something like 204-0 and 254-0 with over 50k in points.

If I'm around, I'll play, but I'm supposed to go to a party tomorrow night. It may be canceled due to the 6-12" of snow we are expected to get.

Edit - I will agree that there are a ton of noobs on with no mics the past few nights. I've never had so many failed missions in a long time.

I've also got all of the intel for all coop missions, so I've won on each of the scenarios, what are there like 30 of them or something?

The ideal setup for an eight person room would be three Soldiers, three Spec Ops, and two Medics. At least from my experience.

PSPHax0r9

I've got a Level 30 Soldier, Level 8 Spec Ops, and a Level 10 Medic. I'm a beast as a Soldier, but will only switch to it if we need one as I'm trying to level up the other two classes.

The last two rounds I played as a Soldier, I went something like 204-0 and 254-0 with over 50k in points.

If I'm around, I'll play, but I'm supposed to go to a party tomorrow night. It may be canceled due to the 6-12" of snow we are expected to get.

Edit - I will agree that there are a ton of noobs on with no mics the past few nights. I've never had so many failed missions in a long time.

I've also got all of the intel for all coop missions, so I've won on each of the scenarios, what are there like 30 of them or something?

Seriously though what is your secret? :p I've been playing exclusively as a Soldier, just trying to level it up and I'm only level 15. Progress is sloooow for me :(

But yeah I'll be going out tomorrow too but I was thinking I'd be home around 11 because I'm not feeling too great. I'll post here when I get home and then I'll go on R2.

The ideal setup for an eight person room would be three Soldiers, three Spec Ops, and two Medics. At least from my experience.
Yes, absolutely. Every Soldier should have a Spec Ops with them, and Medics are really versatile and can hop around.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Seriously though what is your secret?

I just bought all of the upgrades for my Wraith and Armor, except the helmet. Once you get the Backlash Berserk, use it. You can destroy anything in sight by yourself and you can also get your secondary to be a LARK. You can wipe out about 20+ Grim with one shot if they are grouped right. Some of the weapon upgrades add distance and accuracy to the Wraith and once you purchase them, for a 500 round magazine, you will get exactly 1000 XP by pumping that clip into large enemies like a Stalker.

Adds up quick.

PSPHax0r9

OK, that's cool. I just got home and have some things to take care of so I'll be on in around 15 minutes if anyone else wants to come.

Slasher

Suck It
wtttttf I rushed downstairs turned on the ps3 and nobody is online. Now im back upstairs. Let me know when you're going on

PSPHax0r9

wtttttf I rushed downstairs turned on the ps3 and nobody is online. Now im back upstairs. Let me know when you're going on

Damn dude, I logged on about 3 minutes after this and played till about 1:30.

No one came :(

PSPHax0r9

Alright well I'll be on again tonight some time, probably like 10:00. I'll post here when I'm about to go on.

Bump: OK...I'm going to be on within 15 minutes if anyone wants to play.

Bump: OK...I'm going to be on within 15 minutes if anyone wants to play.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Let's try to get another one of these setup properly. Who else plays this besides Slasher, PSPHax0r9, and myself? (And has a mic)

twelve

I'm not dead
Is multiplayer on this region locked or can you play across the pond?

Not that it matters as I haven't bought it yet, but I'll be up for it when I do.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's not region locked. Most people don't play with mics, so it's not as easy to tell compared to a 360 online game, but I know I've gotten through some rounds hearing French and German being spoken.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
To be honest, I mute most people with mics since most of them have the default settings still. It picks up every ambient sound in their house, including the game sounds from the TV speakers which makes for a shitty auditory experience. Note to people with Bluetooth mics, drop the input level down to 3 or 2 in the XMB.

RoBz

sucker
By the sounds of it, I need to get into this game. I'm clueless as to wtf you're all talking about, spec ops, medics etc.

But I might not be able to make it for 8PM EST, that's about 1 AM GMT, right?
I might be on about an hour or 3 later.