• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Resistance 2 Co-op

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I'm five hours behind UK time. I can get on earlier or later on Saturday. My wife is going to some "girls night out" thing at one of her friends house.

To your first point, there's basically three classes you can choose from when coop'ing. Soldier, Spec Ops, and Medic.

Soldier wields a big ass Gatling gun called a Wraith and can deploy a large shield from it to provide mobile cover for everyone.

Spec Ops carry a scoped, burst fire weapon that accrues damage with each sequential hit. They also have to provide ammo and grenade for all classes.

Medic run around using a gun that shoots out healing energy in bursts and siphoning off energy from enemies to fill that healing ammo. They can also revive fallen players the quickest.

You basically need a nice mix of all three player types to have a fun round. There's like 40 different coop scenarios that you can play that last anywhere from 10-25 minutes each. While playing you level each class up that you were playing and collect Gray Tech, which is used like currency to purchase weapon and armor upgrades.

Each class also has three Berserks, which are like special moves you can deploy once you have filled up the meter by doing what each class is designed to do. For example, the Spec Ops can become invisible on one or throw down stronger ammo packs. The Medic can create a "ring of life" that heals all inside of it when it gets sticky. The Soldier can use my favorite one called Backlash that takes any damage hit into his shields from any enemy and bounces the damage back to them, etc.

It's sounds pretty involved, but you get the hang of it quick. I was addicted to the beta as well. So much fun.

RoBz

sucker
OK thanks for the explanation. I think I should get a bit of practice with this before I play with you guys. Every time I turn on my PS3 I just can't help but put in CoD 4.

RoBz

sucker
Ok, anyone up a bit of a game tonight, give me a shout. I haven't got any practice yet, so it should be fun.

Blackout

I'm up for some co-op. Hit me up.

Syntek

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Played coop for almost two hours wit Joey last night. It was fun. You were playing CoD4 RoBz so I didn't send a party invite.

Joey

Yeah, shit was pretty off the hook... Got three days off (thank you recession >_>), so I'm gonna have to sink a few more hours in.

The game looks like doodoo, but the clever class design out weighs it.