• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

REST API for Exophase?

madmat335

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if someone knows if there is some kind of REST API for Exophase, so that I can write a little app to parse my Achievement data?

I want to integrate my achievement data into my personal journaling system and would like to know if this is possible with Exophase.

Thanks very much in advance!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There are plans to offer that eventually, currently there is not a public API though. If we do, it will be for your data only so sounds like it would fit your use case. As we get closer to launching something I can reach out if you're interested in testing it out.

madmat335

Thanks (again) for your reply! That would be really great, I'd be happy to get the chance testing it out! I already feared, that I would have to write connectors to all the achievement APIs in order to get my achievement information. Please contact me when the API is ready to use/try :)

mornir

Hey!
Any update on this feature?

I have the following use case:
I'm currently fetching the games I've been recently playing using the Steam API endpoint: GetRecentlyPlayedGames. Then I display a list of game covers.

Now that I'm also playing on Switch and Xbox, this list is no longer accurate.
That's why it would be great if Exophase could provide a similar endpoint (including nice game cover images).
I thought of scraping my Exophase profile page, but it's tedious to get nice looking game covers, because the images on the profile page are too small for my use case.

P.S. Thanks a lot for the latest Switch integration; it works like a charm!

Dasnap

Hiya,

I was personally looking up if there was an API as I wanted to try and write a Windows client-side application that might be able to pick up data that isn't available on public profiles (specifically Epic playtime). I believe Playnite is able to do this so it might not be farfetched for Exophase if a program was running locally.

Deava

oh this is great I would love to have my data into a local grafana dashboard in my home server, would be a neat project.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It is still something I would like to add, however I don't want the API affecting stability of the site in general. As it will likely get a lot of use, we need to make sure proper rate limits are in place, among other things. Not quite there yet.

Dasnap

It is still something I would like to add, however I don't want the API affecting stability of the site in general. As it will likely get a lot of use, we need to make sure proper rate limits are in place, among other things. Not quite there yet.
Yeah I could see that being annoying. The idea I had in mind was for a local desktop app that could track non-public stats, like Playnite can. This would be able to pick up on Epic playtime and non-achievement games etc. Maybe if the app was written to only send updates at desired intervals, then it would help with server load?

But yeah, maybe rate-limiting non-premium members would be the way to go. I work in ops, so I'm not a software developer, but I would still probably give writing a desktop program a go if I looked through Playnite's code as reference.

Seyji

There are plans to offer that eventually, currently there is not a public API though. If we do, it will be for your data only so sounds like it would fit your use case. As we get closer to launching something I can reach out if you're interested in testing it out.
It would be very interesting to have an API to be able to make applications with rankings between friends or capture the achievements captured over time by certain members to organize events.

Is there any rough plan for when there would be an API?

Thanks!!