• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Resync request

Spamurai

I'd like to request a complete resync for my Steam profile to clear out some games that no longer exist or some others that are improperly tracking achievements I've never completed.

Thank you!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Done!

Skumblex

Any chance that you integrate a 'perform complete resync' feature into this site? I would also like to resync my games, since I deleted a game from Google Play, but some of its archievements are still showing up on this site, thus reducing my overall completion percentage. I think this would be a very handy feature!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Any chance that you integrate a 'perform complete resync' feature into this site? I would also like to resync my games, since I deleted a game from Google Play, but some of its archievements are still showing up on this site, thus reducing my overall completion percentage. I think this would be a very handy feature!

I've just run a resync for you. I will consider adding it as a user option, only issue is that there's no verification on GP accounts currently. Ideally we would only allow this on verified accounts as allowing anyone to run a full resync could create some issues. I will see if I can use the Google sign in feature to identify GP accounts, like we do with Steam and Xbox.

Spamurai

Maybe could just have the existing re-sync tool remove the game then attempt to re-add if it still exists, instead of requiring a full re-sync of the account? Should also save on server workload.

Skumblex

Great. Thanks a lot!
I guess you are doing incremental updates when running a manual sync, right now? Maybe it would be enough to check, for each game, if it still exists and if not delete it. Otherwise just perform the update as usual.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The manual sync is supposed to do a full sync, but Google Play works different from the others in that to get the full list of games we actually need to parse through all the achievements. For users with a lot of achievements, this can take awhile. They do have a games only feed, however I've noticed stuff drops off of it after a certain period of time (don't know the exact cutoff point, seems to be around 6-8 months). Anyway we use that feed for the manual updates, but since it doesn't give the full history it can't be used to check which games have been removed. Grabbing all the achievements is only done on the initial scan.

Maybe adding an option that lets users selectively resync games would be the way to go. That way we don't need to go through a user's entire achievement list just to find which games have been removed.

OnlineWalker

I'd like to request a resync of my steam profile, I have been resetting all the illegitimate achievements but some I've added in my emo phase and I have zero idea if there are any left, I'm just going by if there are more than one added in the same minute and such
I don't know if it will give legitimacy again or not, or if this is even the right thread for it, but I want the resync anyway just to keep track of the achievements!

Spamurai

So it's already supposed to completely re-sync any games specifically listed in the box using the AppID? I just tried on a game I reset the achievements for and it didn't work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'd like to request a resync of my steam profile, I have been resetting all the illegitimate achievements but some I've added in my emo phase and I have zero idea if there are any left, I'm just going by if there are more than one added in the same minute and such
I don't know if it will give legitimacy again or not, or if this is even the right thread for it, but I want the resync anyway just to keep track of the achievements!
Done.

So it's already supposed to completely re-sync any games specifically listed in the box using the AppID? I just tried on a game I reset the achievements for and it didn't work.

No, it doesn't currently. That option to scan specific AppIDs is mainly so we can pick up games that have been played through family sharing on Steam (as these don't show up in the owned games list on a user's profile).

Last edited:
K

koosa

Hi, could you re-sync my profile? I've hid bunch of games on my xbox profile, but they still show up, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or is it some kind of server issue.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, could you re-sync my profile? I've hid bunch of games on my xbox profile, but they still show up, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or is it some kind of server issue.

Xbox games aren't automatically removed, have to request it for now. I've just run a resync, so they shouldn't be showing now.

D4n1v4l

I didn't want to open a separate topic for this and also wanted to ask for a manual synchronization because I removed some games from Steam. Thank you.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I didn't want to open a separate topic for this and also wanted to ask for a manual synchronization because I removed some games from Steam. Thank you.
done. Let me know if there are still any games that shouldn't be there. Testing a new option that only removes the deleted games rather than clearing everything and running a fresh sync. If it works well it will be made a user option.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, just did a complete wipe for now instead.

Yeah it seems the automated removal isn't working for games without achievements -I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

D4n1v4l

Maybe it wasn't a good idea for me to remove the games after all. I had hidden some DLCs from Cities Skylines or the Editors from Football Manager, which also disappeared and can't be made visible again. Is that right? Or should they no longer be displayed at all and were still incorrectly in my list?

Also the time of the Football Manager 2020 Editor seems to be wrong. But this only appears to be the case on the complete overview of all platforms. If I go directly to Steam, the time fits. At times, anyway. Now, again, it's just not working. Strange.

A little addition. I'd rather not experiment there, because after a sync the unplayed games like Football Manager 2020 Touch disappeared, which should be there anyway.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Maybe it wasn't a good idea for me to remove the games after all. I had hidden some DLCs from Cities Skylines or the Editors from Football Manager, which also disappeared and can't be made visible again. Is that right? Or should they no longer be displayed at all and were still incorrectly in my list?

Also the time of the Football Manager 2020 Editor seems to be wrong. But this only appears to be the case on the complete overview of all platforms. If I go directly to Steam, the time fits. At times, anyway. Now, again, it's just not working. Strange.

A little addition. I'd rather not experiment there, because after a sync the unplayed games like Football Manager 2020 Touch disappeared, which should be there anyway.

For Football Manager 2020 Editor - from what I can see it's because the hours played are being overridden. If you click the edit icon on the game when hovering over it, then select "Use tracked time" does that fix it?

The hours being different makes sense, since edited hours played will only show on your Steam profile if the account is verified (requires using the Login with Steam option).

The DLCs from Cities Skylines and Football Manager should be showing again. For some reason, they do not show up when calling the steam API directly but do on the https://steamcommunity.com/id/d4n1v4l/games/?tab=all page. Not sure why. Anyway, the scanner checks both sources but the latter one not as much they since they rate limit it. In most cases it's only needed for the initial sync though.