• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Retoachivments would be the last great addition for me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Cool site. I have put it on the to-do list for now. Seems they offer an API so shouldn't be a lot of work to add.

ALI ESSA

The fact it's even being considered and a response is given is awesome shows a dedication most tracking sites lack. Metagamerscore has it and tracks a lot but i can't stand the site layout.

Last edited:

deithe

The fact it's even being considered and a response is given is awesome shows a dedication most tracking sites lack. Metagamerscore has it and tracks a lot but i can't stand the site layout.
Im with you there, I came from metagamerscore but it took about 3 years to seperate the dlc and when they did it it was awful, this is a much better site in my opinion :)

deithe

Also, and bear in mind i dont know what im talking about, the guy from metagamerscore tweeted the guy from retroachievements asking to open their api to them and they did, does that mean anything to you guys? Sorry if I look dumb lol

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Cool site. I have put it on the to-do list for now. Seems they offer an API so shouldn't be a lot of work to add.
This would be fantastic. I recently got a PS4 (already had plenty of Xbox and Steam stuff) and found out about this site, then shortly after found out about Retroachievements. Super bummed out when I found I couldn't add my RA achievements here so I'm using MetaGamerScore as well. It's a good tracking site and probably has some unique features, but as others have said it's not nearly as slick as this site.

A couple things I could see being an issue would be dividing up all the platforms (maybe just keeping them together under "Retro" would work better, at least to begin with) and generating thumbnails for the games. They just use full box art on MGS which is okay but I like the uniformity of the little thumbnails used here. I imagine they're generated by some sort of automatic API grabbing and cropping wizardry, but can they be replaced manually? I'd be happy to make some thumbnails for games. That could potentially be a fun little thing for the community to help out with.

Anyway, this is a cool site. Thanks for making it, it's helped reinvigorate the mostly-casual-sometimes-hardcore achievement hunter within me, haha.

ALI ESSA

Could the Forum Gamercard signature be made so it could switch between more then 3 services would be awesome once this is added.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This would be fantastic. I recently got a PS4 (already had plenty of Xbox and Steam stuff) and found out about this site, then shortly after found out about Retroachievements. Super bummed out when I found I couldn't add my RA achievements here so I'm using MetaGamerScore as well. It's a good tracking site and probably has some unique features, but as others have said it's not nearly as slick as this site.

A couple things I could see being an issue would be dividing up all the platforms (maybe just keeping them together under "Retro" would work better, at least to begin with) and generating thumbnails for the games. They just use full box art on MGS which is okay but I like the uniformity of the little thumbnails used here. I imagine they're generated by some sort of automatic API grabbing and cropping wizardry, but can they be replaced manually? I'd be happy to make some thumbnails for games. That could potentially be a fun little thing for the community to help out with.

Anyway, this is a cool site. Thanks for making it, it's helped reinvigorate the mostly-casual-sometimes-hardcore achievement hunter within me, haha.

Yes the thumbnails here are auto cropped since pretty much every platform has different sized images. In particular for Xbox 360, I used the cropped versions of the box art images since the standard icons were too small. So I could adapt the same cropping system for the images on Retro Achievements.

However the cropping isn't always perfect, so yeah, having a way to upload custom icons is a good idea. I'll plan on getting that added when we go live with RA support.

Also like the idea of categorizing it all under Retro.

Could the Forum Gamercard signature be made so it could switch between more then 3 services would be awesome once this is added.

Please make a separate topic for this if it isn't working, but as far as I can see, more than three services are being shown on your animated card. I am aware that Blizzard activity isn't being included on the gamercards yet (will be added in the coming days most likely).

Gamer Steve

Ok i just checked out this retro achievement site.....looks amazing i want to use this but can someone explain how this site works. I have never used emulators before. Also X3sphere will this be added for tracking on exophase?

ALI ESSA

Yah you make an account.
Then you either download the stand alone Emulators they have on site or Retroach. Lastly you sign into your account with the Emulators or Retroach.

Gamer Steve

Yah you make an account.
Then you either download the stand alone Emulators they have on site or Retroach. Lastly you sign into your account with the Emulators or Retroach.
Awesome...thanks for the info...one more question...is it a safe download for a pc and do u have to buy the games through the emulator or retro site?

ALI ESSA

Awesome...thanks for the info...one more question...is it a safe download for a pc and do u have to buy the games through the emulator or retro site?

It's safe and if you have doubt about the stand alone Emulators which you shouldn't. Retroach has been around for so long and is well trusted.

No you use Roms. i believe region and version number can effect if the Rom works. But out pointing to piracy I can say No Intro works for me.

Gamer Steve

It's safe and if you have doubt about the stand alone Emulators which you shouldn't. Retroach has been around for so long and is well trusted.

No you use Roms. i believe region and version number can effect if the Rom works. But out pointing to piracy I can say No Intro works for me.
Well thanks im gonna make an account and download some games and hunt for more cheevos...i saw golden eye had achievements i need them lol

ALI ESSA

One more thing. I believe this is like when I signed up. But the account has to be verified once created and back then the Admin was busy so it took a while I ended up messaging the site on Facebook and it got done quicker I believe they have a discord as well. Just if nothing happens try the Forum, Facebook, Discord.

Last edited: