• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Ring of death?

Bronze95

Hey Guys, My freinds XBOX360 apparently has 3 red lights, Is this the ring of death. I told him to check to the power supply cable, The light was green. So what do you suggest we can do? I tried the support on the microsoft site, it was not at all helpfull. :sneaky2: So please Help me.

Moose

Meta Moose
Yeah that's the RRoD. The green light on the power block is just telling you that power is being supplied to the transformer. Basically, your friend can either do the few available tricks that fix the problem temporarily (search Google, "RRoD Fix") or just send it off to MS to get it fixed, provided it is still under warranty that is.

Leecher

Yeah, the three flashing rings is the RROD. There are several ways to fix the RROD, just search YouTube or Google. Like Moose said, the green light on the power supply is just a sign that it is working properly.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Hey Guys, My freinds XBOX360 apparently has 3 red lights, Is this the ring of death. I told him to check to the power supply cable, The light was green. So what do you suggest we can do? I tried the support on the microsoft site, it was not at all helpfull. :sneaky2: So please Help me.

The only thing you should do is phone up Microsoft and get them to fix it. If you bought it withing the past 3 years it will be free, so you will just have to ship it off and wait.

Cryox

Bro.
Yeah that's the RRoD. The green light on the power block is just telling you that power is being supplied to the transformer. Basically, your friend can either do the few available tricks that fix the problem temporarily (search Google, "RRoD Fix") or just send it off to MS to get it fixed, provided it is still under warranty that is.

Don't worry about the warrenty. As long as he has had it for less than exactly 3 years, you can send it to MS and get it repaired for free. yeah, free shipping both ways too :p

Just have him go to xbox.com and register his console on the support page, then click on Get Repaired or w/e.

The repair is fairly fast too. Took MS a week to get mine their and back to me.