• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ringtone Megathread

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Let's share ringtones with each other.

I use Audacity to select the section of the song I want, and just export it as an MP3. Audacity makes it really easy to add simple effects in as well, fade in and fade outs, etc. I'll do a step by step with pictures when I get home. (at work right now) You'll probably need the LAME encoder to export the MP3's, get it here.

Doesn't matter what kind of ringtones you wanna share, I'll add them to the first post here. I'm sure you guys are more creative than I am, let's hear 'em.

-Bittersweet Symphony intro - The Verve
-Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
-Hysteria - Muse
-omgwtfbbq - Master Chief sucks at Halo
-Paper Wings - Rise Against
- Re-Education through Labor - Rise Against
-Santaria - Sublime
-Welcome Home intro - Coheed and Cambria

twelve

I'm not dead
I dunno how long those ringtones are but anyone that wants to upload any please try to make them 30 seconds or less. We don't want MfM getting into any legal trouble.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I dunno how long those ringtones are but anyone that wants to upload any please try to make them 30 seconds or less. We don't want MfM getting into any legal trouble.

Most of them that I posted are right around the 30 seconds or so mark.

twelve

I'm not dead
So long as they're not much over we'll be fine (we'll probably be fine regardless but just to be safe).

Moose

Meta Moose
Does anyone have a simple SMS tone that I could use which isn't annoying and obnoxious? The Nokia one is terrible.

Slasher

Suck It
I snagged some nice Star Wars ones from that 'Audiko' link. Thanks

twelve

I'm not dead
Does anyone have a simple SMS tone that I could use which isn't annoying and obnoxious? The Nokia one is terrible.
Achievement Unlocked tone?

I've been using it for years every since it went up on Major Nelson's blog.

It's attached if anyone wants it.

Adiuvo

I use the codec sound from MGS. It's generic enough that people who haven't played the game think it's just something that comes with phones, but with people that have played it you usually get a 'cool' or laugh from them.

Metal Gear Solid 2.5: Substance

LocutusEstBorg

I can't seem to find the this old message tone I had. It went "Beep Beep: Incoming Message (kralkalalrakalk computer type noises)"

I think the voice that said "Incoming Message" was clipped from Warf's "Captain, Incoming Message" from star trek. But I can only find the star trek one, and not the one I quoted above.

Cryox

Bro.
thanks for that audiko link, very helpful, got a couple cool ringtones for my new phone :D