• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

RIP Wii 2006 - E3 09

Serideth

Who else was shocked at how poor their E3 converence was, after seeing the EA, UBIsoft, Sony and MS ones I was really let down.

I'm not trolling, I love a lot of Nintendo stuff, but their future is looking rather bleak if one of the best things they have to offer is a game were you change a womans clothes.

twelve

I'm not dead
I didn't see the Nintendo one but I was very disapointed by the Sony one.

I thought Mario Galaxy 2 being announced was very good for Nintendo.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Nintendo sure surprised me. They sure showed their innovation this year, displaying something we have never seen in a video game before. That vitality system will sell way more than wii fit could ever hope to sell. Its the next greatest thing Nintendo has invented. /sarcasm

Now to be more serious, COPS for DS looks decent and of course I'll be getting Mario Galaxy 2. The 4-player co-op on Super Mario Bros Wii didn't look that much fun. I'd rather take turns than have to play with that mess of players.

Nintendo didn't really have much stuff, but I didn't expect they would

madsoul

nintendo sucked this year. embarrassing... babbling on about how its for everyone bla bla bla bla bla! shit...

microsoft and sony actually had some good things. its funny how nintendo almost got no reactions from the audience haha. not until the end with metroid. funny stuff.

eldiablov

Contributor
Seriously, they spent 20 minutes announcing a pulse reader ...

Then the rest just felt like one big Nintendo advert (mainly because it was). I didnt feel like many things were explained and their futile attempt to claw back the real gamer market will not go well at all.

The way things are going, I can see a new Wii soon.

Sinfulfate

I was pretty shocked by Nintendo's conference. I mean no Mario Party 10? No Zelda and Sonic at the Winter Games? No Mario MegaStar Sluggers? And wheres the follow up to that horrible Pokemon battle Revolution game and the sequel to mario 3 on 3 for DS? Come on Nintendo your really slipping.

In all seriousness, I'm glad there finally making Golden Sun DS. I've been waiting forever for another game in that series.

Adiuvo

Golden Sun was the highlight of the conference for me as well.

Otherwise, it's more of the same.

TeamOverload

Agreed, another poor performance from Nintendo. Not really much to get excited about here, and now with Project NATAL and Sony's Motion Controller on the horizon, Nintendo very well may lose some ground, now that competitors with better hardware can also now claim the motion controlling gimmick.

eighty4

The Wii is simply becoming something of a huge gimmick. I like sitting down, whipping out my joystick and playing a game. Not getting up and acting like I'm rowing a boat or anything like that. Games to me are supposed to be relaxing, not exercise.

Joey

Two Mario platformers on the Wii, one being a direct sequel to my favorite game ever... How is that not great?

twelve

I'm not dead
The Wii is simply becoming something of a huge gimmick. I like sitting down, whipping out my joystick and playing a game. Not getting up and acting like I'm rowing a boat or anything like that. Games to me are supposed to be relaxing, not exercise.
Agreed which is why I sighed at MS and Sony for both trying to outdo the wii. Sure they've succeeded by getting the technology right but it's just going to lead to more gimmicky games but with better graphics.

Fives

Agreed which is why I sighed at MS and Sony for both trying to outdo the wii. Sure they've succeeded by getting the technology right but it's just going to lead to more gimmicky games but with better graphics.

I don't know, MS looks like they can implement their new toy into games as an "option" and not force people to use it for games. I'm sure some games will require it (maybe) but it seems to be more of a extra for the people who are into it.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't know, MS looks like they can implement their new toy into games as an "option" and not force people to use it for games. I'm sure some games will require it (maybe) but it seems to be more of a extra for the people who are into it.
Well if it gets as much support as the XBL Vision Cam then it doesn't really matter anyway.

MS will have to really push it to developers to get any return on their R&D that has gone into it.

dl276

Well if it gets as much support as the XBL Vision Cam then it doesn't really matter anyway.

MS will have to really push it to developers to get any return on their R&D that has gone into it.

What are you talking about???

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
How is this "R.I.P wii?" I still think nintendo is doing there best.
MS and Sony yeah great announcement but just nothing really fun. I only heard announcements from friends so far.
Nintendo really just need ditch friend code system,and mario?!? Heck yeah I love mario add on mutiplayer which im sure they well have best system.

edit-The project for 360 is alright, not really fail. I live in tight space and they can't force every game to use it. Even if the fact you can play raceing games is sweet.
With feature of xbox live vision cam,movies.The project is like eyetoy. I might, just might buy one depending on features and games.

Anyone seen the milo game? That is pure scary.

twelve

I'm not dead
What are you talking about???
The XBL Vision cam has support in a handful of XBLA games and even less support in full retail games. So if project natal gets the same amount of support then I wont need to worry about it as it may as well not exist.

Anyway enough off topicness from me. Back to Nintendo's shameful conference please.