• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

RIP Wii 2006 - E3 09

Sinfulfate

Mario Galaxy is probably the best platformer I've ever played.

Really? I felt it was a step back from Mario 64. Mainly because of how linear the game was. In Mario 64 you could jump into a level and you could pretty much get whatever star you wanted(get the star at the top of the mountain, get the star for collecting all 7 red coins, explore and find the hidden stars, etc) but in Mario Galaxy you could only get the star you set out to get since it restricted any part of the level that didn't take you to that star. Also the "overworld" was horrible compared to the castle "overworld" in Mario 64. Being able to explore Peach's caste was great.

Joey

Really? I felt it was a step back from Mario 64. Mainly because of how linear the game was. In Mario 64 you could jump into a level and you could pretty much get whatever star you wanted(get the star at the top of the mountain, get the star for collecting all 7 red coins, explore and find the hidden stars, etc) but in Mario Galaxy you could only get the star you set out to get since it restricted any part of the level that didn't take you to that star. Also the "overworld" was horrible compared to the castle "overworld" in Mario 64. Being able to explore Peach's caste was great.

The level design in Mario Galaxy was the best I've ever seen. I had no problem giving up that small bit of freedom for one of the most creative games I'd seen in a while.

I will concede one fact. It was a little too easy. I still to this day haven't gotten 120 stars in Mario 64, but I got them all in Galaxy in a week. Hopefully, the difficulty in SMG2 will be raised just a smidge, and It'll be perfect in my eyes.

SMG is definitely my favorite Mario game, and just may be my favorite game of all time. Seriously. I almost wish I didn't sell my Wii, just because of that game. A game I've already beaten.

I wasn't sure if was going to get a new Wii, but this confirms it. I'm definitely getting one now.

Joey

You're getting a Wii for two or three games? :/

No, the announcement of those few games acted as the tipping point.

Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Klonoa
Punch Out!!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (with Wii Motion Plus)
Metroid Other M
Boom Blox
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zack and Wiki
Mad World
Super Paper Mario

I could go on, I have a list of about 70 games on my desktop at home that I made or games I'm really eager to try.

Seriously, I haven't been more excited about the Wii than I am right now. There is litterally nothing on the PS3 and 360 that's out, or is coming out, that I give 2 shits about, especially since Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC.

Trading this PS3 for a Wii soon. Already gave my sister my 360.

Fives

No, the announcement of those few games acted as the tipping point.

Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Klonoa
Punch Out!!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (with Wii Motion Plus)
Metroid Other M
Boom Blox
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zack and Wiki
Mad World
Super Paper Mario

I could go on, I have a list of about 70 games on my desktop at home that I made or games I'm really eager to try.

Seriously, I haven't been more excited about the Wii than I am right now. There is litterally nothing on the PS3 and 360 that's out, or is coming out, that I give 2 shits about, especially since Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC.

Trading this PS3 for a Wii soon. Already gave my sister my 360.

didn't you say you sold your wii? am i'm so confused

Joey

didn't you say you sold your wii? am i'm so confused

I said "I'm trading my PS3 for a Wii" in the very post you just quoted... And I stated several times in this thread that this conference has made me want to get a new Wii.

Maybe you're confused because you neglected to actually read my posts? Seriously, if you had just read the entire thread that you quoted, you wouldn't be confused.

Fives

I said "I'm trading my PS3 for a Wii" in the very post you just quoted... And I stated several times in this thread that this conference has made me want to get a new Wii.

Maybe you're confused because you neglected to actually read my posts? Seriously, if you had just read the entire thread that you quoted, you wouldn't be confused.

chill your tits, i've read the thread already i thought you traded in your WII at one point, i'm confused with someone else maybe even another thread. you're very hostile, why don't you work on that?

eldiablov

Contributor
There is litterally nothing on the PS3 and 360 that's out, or is coming out, that I give 2 shits about, especially since Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC.

MAG, MGS 5, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, God of War III don't excite you in the least? (to name a few)

Sinfulfate

The level design in Mario Galaxy was the best I've ever seen. I had no problem giving up that small bit of freedom for one of the most creative games I'd seen in a while.

I will concede one fact. It was a little too easy. I still to this day haven't gotten 120 stars in Mario 64, but I got them all in Galaxy in a week. Hopefully, the difficulty in SMG2 will be raised just a smidge, and It'll be perfect in my eyes.

SMG is definitely my favorite Mario game, and just may be my favorite game of all time. Seriously. I almost wish I didn't sell my Wii, just because of that game. A game I've already beaten.

I wasn't sure if was going to get a new Wii, but this confirms it. I'm definitely getting one now.
Fair enough. Have you played Little Big Planet?

Colm

I called R.I.P Wii last year and became a almost total PS3/PC/iPod Touch user, maybe occasionally turning on my PSP for Burnout, or using my PS3 to play Burnout on the PS2... (Eran <3 Burnout) The new PSP will definitely get my interest, (near launch buy for sure), MGSR for PC is an amazing idea (I called PC MGS, nobody listened. But it is for 360/PS3 too, so...), new PSP MGS... Crysis2 multiplat, NATAL, PS3 Motion (looks superior to NATAL imo, NATAL wouldn't work in many games, but we have a live demo of PS3 motion)... Everyone is moving forward, but not Nintendo.

I need money :( so much awesome stuff. Maybe I'll bring my 360 back from the dead too :D

BTW, I'm just checking this site while I have some time to kill in a 'net cafe, you won't hear from me again for another few days)

Joey

MAG, MGS 5, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, God of War III don't excite you in the least? (to name a few)

God of War 3 is the only thing that gives me pause on trading in my PS3, but honestly, I have both God of War 1 and 2, I can live with out it. I don't like needlessly large multiplayer games (see Resistance and Battlefield) so MAG does nothing for me. I hate MGS with a fiery passion. Alan Wake... Uh, I'm pretty sure is a 360/PC exclusive, so I don't know why you mentioned it. And Heavy Rain is Dragon's Lair... Nuff said.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM EST ----------

Fair enough. Have you played Little Big Planet?

Yeah, it has terrible controls. Absolutely pales in comparison to Mario.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM EST ----------

chill your tits, i've read the thread already i thought you traded in your WII at one point, i'm confused with someone else maybe even another thread. you're very hostile, why don't you work on that?

You're not mistaken about me not having a Wii right now, I'm planning on getting one. And I'm not sure what I said that was hostile.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Alan Wake... Uh, I'm pretty sure is a 360/PC exclusive, so I don't know why you mentioned it.

You were talking about the 360 too:
There is litterally nothing on the PS3 and 360 that's out, or is coming out, that I give 2 shits about, especially since Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC.

Anyway, Mario Galaxy 2 and the new Mario Bros game look cool, but apart from that Nintendo really didn't interest me at all.

Seth

MD Party Room
Ok one last try, Team Ico is making The Last Guardian. Always thought you where a fps guy there joey. Well maybe you like the Conduit..

Joey

Ok one last try, Team Ico is making The Last Guardian. Always thought you where a fps guy there joey. Well maybe you like the Conduit..
I love Shadow of the Colossus, but I've never even played Ico, and I don't really want to. I don't know if I'm so much a fan of Team Ico, as I am a fan of SOTC specifically.

And, yeah, I do like FPS's... That's why I have a $2000 PC.