• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Rumor] iPhone coming to Verizon

Cryox

Bro.
Just heard one of my friends mention something about the iPhone coming to Verizon. Here is what i found:

from CNN.com said:
A leading Apple blog posted a rumor Sunday that the iPhone

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
oh lol, didn't pay attention to the date. sorry. i'll see if i find a more recent one.:blushing:

It's a good rumor to bring up though, it's one that has been pretty active in the phone scene and has been brought up on several occasions. ATT does have a contract with Apple and the iPhone however and I believe that is ending soon (or did they renew it?). It's a long-time rumor seeing how Verizon sports the largest network and best 3G network in the US.

EDIT: Just noticed that ATT is trying to extend their exclusivity contract until 2011 (ends in 2010 currently).

Cryox

Bro.
It's a good rumor to bring up though, it's one that has been pretty active in the phone scene and has been brought up on several occasions. ATT does have a contract with Apple and the iPhone however and I believe that is ending soon (or did they renew it?). It's a long-time rumor seeing how Verizon sports the largest network and best 3G network in the US.

EDIT: Just noticed that ATT is trying to extend their exclusivity contract until 2011 (ends in 2010 currently).
Yeah, i think they got an extension from their 2 year exclusive to the mid 2010 or something. If apple is smart, they will decline the offer, i know that Verizon is a much better network (<-- imo) and many Verizon customers would either cancel their current phone plan to get it or just get it when their current plan expires.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
While Verizon is good, it's CDMA which is only majorily used in the US so their market will decrease - here's to hoping that they will put the phones on both networks :p However Verizon's would have to be slightly different to set it off from the crowd...they love doing that

Cryox

Bro.
well, i bet they will throw in their Vcast TV service somehow. but other than that, what could they add? maybe themeing w/o hacking (or is that already possible?)

Seth

MD Party Room
well, i bet they will throw in their Vcast TV service somehow. but other than that, what could they add? maybe themeing w/o hacking (or is that already possible?)

You have no idea how much Verizon locks down there phone lol... and att is already making a uverse apps for the Iphone..

it be like the Touch pro all over again.

This would be good for Apple in the short run.

But will ruin the iPhone in the long run.

Verizon sucks plus you won't be able to unlock it. And it will be jailbreak- proof for A WHILE.

Cryox

Bro.
well, they do lock down there phones quite a bit, i know because i just bought the Krave ZN4, and it is locked down quite a bit. but its what i use, so until (if i ever do) change, this will have to suffice.