• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

RUMOR: NGP Specs Changed for the Worse

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Makes sense though... The thing was too beefed up to be competitively priced against the 3DS.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i wonder how much money they actually save by cutting the ram in half.... seems like a needless cut. at that, surely they arent saving much cutting the 16mb internal flash memory either =\

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
WOW, OK. SO TODAY HAS JUST BEEN A DAY OF COMPANIES PISSING ME THE FUCK OFF.

Crytek continues to break Crysis 2 by nerfing shit that doesn't need to be nerfed in MP.
And now this.

I'm sure no one will admit it but i'm betting this WILL have some impact on how games will play/look.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did Sony ever officially mention it had 512MB RAM?

I'm looking at the original fact sheet and it only mentions screen res, CPU and GPU.

It's possible the 512MB RAM was reserved for dev units, in which case this is not really a downgrade. PSP dev units had double the RAM of retail ones until the PSP-2000 came along.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Did Sony ever officially mention it had 512MB RAM?

I'm looking at the original fact sheet and it only mentions screen res, CPU and GPU.

It's possible the 512MB RAM was reserved for dev units, in which case this is not really a downgrade. PSP dev units had double the RAM of retail ones until the PSP-2000 came along.

Really? I thought it was official. Thanks for the heads up :p

Hellcat

Contributor
NGP-Slim will have double RAM again.
NGPgo will have internal storage again.

The cow shall be milked!

LocutusEstBorg

I HATE RAM COMPROMISES. No one was more right than Crytek when they said consoles needed 8GB of RAM. It costs almost NOTHING.

eldiablov

Contributor
WOW, OK. SO TODAY HAS JUST BEEN A DAY OF COMPANIES PISSING ME THE FUCK OFF.

Crytek continues to break Crysis 2 by nerfing shit that doesn't need to be nerfed in MP.
And now this.

I'm sure no one will admit it but i'm betting this WILL have some impact on how games will play/look.

Dude ... relax. It's an unconfirmed rumour :|

TeamOverload

It's $249, so although not confirmed, I would assume we did in fact see a spec decrease. That being said, for the most part it still looks damn impressive.

Spiros

Maiki
Now that it's confirmed that there will be a worldwide launch later this year, I would assume that they would have been manufacturing the PSV for awhile now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
RAM can make a huge difference (even in price as Major Nelson said at the tweetup with the Xbox 360 RAM change). Although I think it's safe to say that if there was ever a decrease, we haven't seen it yet in terms of gameplay performance and looks. From what I played of it yesterday, it looked amazing. Seriously thought I was playing LBP on the PS3 for a while, same with Uncharted.

Regardless Sony is losing money on this handheld at that price and I'm glad they priced it that aggressively.