• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Rumor] Zune X

Seth

MD Party Room
A portable console 100% compatible with the Xbox Live Arcade.

Some bare crappy spec pictures can be found here

[url="http://www.lusogamer.com/news/1367/Consola-port

Leecher

Wow. I just saw this on N4G.

Anyways, the ZuneX would be awesome, finally some type of Xbox Portable system. I heard that it will run Xbox original games as well.

twelve

I'm not dead
If it runs Xbox Originals and XBLA then I'm getting one guaranteed. I've got such a mountain of XBLA games that I've started but not finished.

Wonder if it'll play XNA stuff too? Because it's homebrew compatible out of the box then.

Slasher

Suck It
Wow. I just saw this on N4G.

Anyways, the ZuneX would be awesome, finally some type of Xbox Portable system. I heard that it will run Xbox original games as well.

It doesn't say that anywhere on the list of specs provided so I somehow doubt it.

Also, so this must be microsofts answer to the portable gaming market eh? It looks and sounds almost identical to the PSP, dont'cha'think? directional pad on the left, 4 analog buttons on the right, 2 shoulder buttons, attachable analog stick, screen resembling a PSP screen in the middle. Anyways it sounds kinda neat.

twelve

I'm not dead
It looks and sounds almost identical to the PSP, dont'cha'think?
Kinda, but not when it comes to power.

733MHz CPU
Nvidia Chipset
128MB RAM
32GB Flash drive

Pretty impressive specs.

Also says it has a SIM card tray, so I guess it's a phone too, unless it's going to have dial up internet.

No mention of wifi though, it's got to have that.

twelve

I'm not dead
A lot squarer and the screen doesn't look quite as big or bright as the PSP. Though I expect that's just a mock up anyway.

Helspawn50

dude that is xbox or at least microsoft for sure .. because of the buttons that are on there is like the xbox buttons on the controler and the bummpers look like the ones from the controls too. . and look at the cover on that thing that is fo sho zune style. i think it would compare to the gamegear that came out for the sega back then.

Moose

Meta Moose
Well, the PSP design isn't really 'the PSP design'. It's a generic look which is quite common in portable games consoles... You can compare the PSP to many of the older hand helds if I remember what the oldies looked like correctly. :p

This sounds pretty awesome, I would definitely consider getting one. With those specs there would be some pretty impressive gaming to be done. :D

Seth

MD Party Room
For a min I thought you made that mansoul... I miss your mockups.

Cryox

Bro.
Don't get your hopes up, because......

[qimg]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/05/zunex_fake.jpg[/qimg]

I can't lie, that is pretty cool. No idea anything like that existed.

But anyways, the while ZuneX thing is pretty cool. Still looking at an iTouch though.

Colm

Don't get your hopes up, because......

[qimg]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/05/zunex_fake.jpg[/qimg]

It'd have to be edited somewhat, seeing as it's been watermarked. But yea, faked.