• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Running 1.50 kernel with 4.01 M33-2 for PSP SLIM

terinbune

Hi! First post guys! I figured I'd help those who can't seem to get their old 1.5 apps working on 4.01! First off, you MUST have custom firmware! If you do, skip to step 3.
(if your slim battery isn't a pandora one, it's covered in step 4)

Step 1. OK, I'm assuming that you have Official Firmware, and I'm assuming it's pretty recent (don't worry, I started out on OFW 3.93). The first thing you need to do is get a Pandora Battery. The cheapest one I found was here (this is also the one I purchased. You also need to make a "Magic Memory Stick". There are a few programs out there that will make it for you, I used Catb50's MMS Creator (note: will only work with Windows XP!) and follow the instructions listed

Step 2. OK, so you have your pandybat and your MMS, now what? there's a few steps involved:
a - take out your SLIM battery (the TOOL battery is a fat one, don't worry, it'll work)
b - put in your MMS, then put your TOOL Battery in (Oh, make sure the TOOL Battery is charged.)
c - You should get an install screen, just press the button required to install, this will take awhile and a TON of files will fly onto your screen, eventually overlapping themselves several times
d - ONLY when it tells you to press X to reboot your PSP is it safe to do so.
Congrats! You're now rocking Custom Firmware! you can replace your Pandora Battery with the PSP Slim battery, take out your mem card then put it back in (just to be on the safe side) and power on your PSP. Check system info to make sure you're on the custom firmware (should be 3.80 M33) This isn't my vid but it should help guide you Vid

Step 3.
So you've got CFW, but no 1.5 kernel and your itching to run some apps, eh? Fear not! Dark AleX made a proggy for you called Time Machine!
This little app will install the 1.50 kernel on your PSP! (see thisvid for detailed instructions)

Step 4.
Alright! you're ready to go! But you can only run the 1.50 with a pandora battery in, and who wants to walk around swapping batteries all the time? I don't, that's for sure! Next step is to make your slim battery a pandora one! first we'll need to dl the software (here
by now you should know how to install the prog, but if you don't just throw it in the Game folder. Run the file from your PSP and pandorize your battery.

Step 5. power off your PSP, take out the mem stick, put it back in, hold the circle button and turn back on your PSP. If you've done all this correctly, and continue to hold circle, the PSP should boot up in kernel 1.5. Congrats! I'll field any questions anyone might have to the best of my ability :)
-T

ansaiyang

I have a problem. Im totally a noob. My friend downgrade my psp using a tool that he bought from ebay. So basically im using 4.01 M33-2 firmware. I want to install the kernel 1.5 but I kinda mess up. Basically this is what happened. I downloaded all files and rename it. Then I could not find the MS ROOT folder as you mention above, so I put in inside the MP_ROOT folder (I assume you made a typo error or something, if you are not, my bad then). Then I downloaded the Time machine and this is where I mess up. I ran the time machine, but instead choosing the first one, I actually choose the third one. ( I really stupid actually, I think what you mean first from the three files that I have downloaded, without even realising that it clearly mention install 1.50 PHAT!! I realised that I have made a mistake. Then I tried to install the ACTUAL first one, it is fine. Then when I tried to install the forth one, I got this message,

Building IPL...Error reading 150 PSP

So, is there any way to undo this and reinstall the kernel? I tried to delete the newly created TM folder (im assuming it was created during the faulty installation), and try to redo all the instruction and still got the same message. Please help me man. I really want to use one homebrew medical software that I have found. Thanks!!