• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Samsung Repair Service = Fail

TeamOverload

A few months back I purchased Samsung's Blackjack II- i617 cell phone, and by March of this month, I had noticed that the inner LCD screen had begun to crack and bleed, however no damage was present on the actual external screen casing. After researching online, this appears to be a common problem with the model of phone as well. On March 2, 2009, I contacted Samsung Mobile in order to get my phone repaired, and was told that I would incur no charges, as the phone was still under warranty was in covered under the warranty as well. On March 18, however I received an email stating that I would incur a $92.01 repair fee in order to replace the device. I immediately contacted Samsung to ask about these charges, and was told that they had found physical damage to the internal LCD that could have been caused by placing the phone in a pocket or such, and that I would need to pay to have the phone repaired. I rejected this, and asked to have my phone shipped back to me in it's present condition. I find completely aggravated by the fact that I am stuck with a broken device after a few months of typical use, and would have to pay nearly 5 times the original cost of the device in order to have it repaired, for a problem that is no fault of my own. Upon talking to the customer representative I was unable to even be given an exact reason for the reason that I am being forced to pay, other than the internal LCD was damaged "somehow."
I've always been a huge Samsung fan, but this has completely turned me off from wanting to deal with them again.

Adiuvo

They're blaming you for putting your phone in your pocket? That's ridiculous.

You did ask for a supervisor, right?

Zx30

Beto
I have spoken to one since, and they were still no more helpful. Just a terrible customer service experience.

What cheap bastards.

Lose a little here to satisfy and keep your customers, or lose them forever.

They chose the greedy route. In the end, they've lost more of your money over a $90 dispute.

Vee

This has happened to me with LG and Orange.

LG replaced a broken phone of mine, with another broken phone. Anyway, i sent it back and refused to accept the same model.

and Orange just cut off my internet, then claimed for 3 months that they were doing network maintenence. Then eventually, after spending

Vee

It is his fault.

Yeah, if they claim to have found physical damage to the inner LCD, then it means its been hit against something.

Then again, you could just say that the LCD screen isnt of statisfactory quality if its breaking whilst in your pocket. Realisticly, screens should only break if the outside screen has cracked.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I had a decent experience with Samsung, but I think it goes without saying that whatever customer service line you are calling, you are bound to find an idiot who hates his life every now and then.

The bulb went on my Samsung 50" TV and they just shipped over a new one to me. The support guy even suggested I call the department store I bought it from since I had an extended warranty with Best Buy and get them to send me one as well so I can have a backup handy.

This has happened to me with LG and Orange.

LG replaced a broken phone of mine, with another broken phone. Anyway, i sent it back and refused to accept the same model.

and Orange just cut off my internet, then claimed for 3 months that they were doing network maintenence. Then eventually, after spending