• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV SCEJ Doesn't See 3DS, Smartphones As Competitor To Vita

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ng.jpg

SCEJ president Hiroshi Kawano has went on record to say that the company does not consider 3DS a competitor Vita to internally.

Kawano told Reuters Japan (via Andriasang) that the Vita's look and price point significantly differentiate it from that of Nintendo's offering. While he agrees there will be some overlap, he does not expect those buying both portables to compare the two.

Moreover, Kawano isn't feeling threatened by smartphones either[...]

Continue reading: SCEJ Doesn't See 3DS, Smartphones As Competitor To Vita...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Why can't a company ever come out and just say "hell yea were competing against them!", instead of all this bullshit.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
They are afraid of them!

3DS / Vita are both primarily game playing systems. One is basically a portable Gamecube. The other is something stuck between a ps3 and ps2.

*shrug*

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
It doesn't matter anyway, because in the eyes the general public its a direct competitor to the 3DS whether Sony likes it or not. They are right about smartphones though.

Robby

Los Doyers!
To me the DS is a kids toy, something I'll buy for my 8 year old brother, while the PSVita is more for the older people.

Smartphones in the state right now are not in the same leagues as these portable gaming devices.