• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Seeing PS4 games in my games list that I definetly never played

Jonkar

Hello all,

Since shortly I am seeing games in my trophy list on exophase that I definetly never played, mainly PS4 games. If I compare my synced trophies on PSNprofiles for example, the games don't show there. It seems to be an exophase issue.

Games showing up that I havent played are for example: FIFA 20, GoT, Little Nightmares for PS4, NFS.

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Are you sure that you've wrote your PSN nickname correctly?

1613643864202.png
1613643879919.png

Game of Thrones is showing up on your PSN profile too.

Jonkar

That one is correct.

What I notice is that when I click on a game on my profile, the #ID in the URL is the same for games I owned and don't own. For example, here are two URL's with Detroit being a game I own and played recently and Need For Speed being a game I don't own:

The ID at the end is the same.

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If the username is correct, then I believe you did play them, but it's not showing up on PSNProfiles for whatever reason (I think PSNProfiles is only looking for games that are showing up here: https://my.playstation.com/profile/UGotHitByGunner/trophies, while Exophase also checks for data in the API). Exophase track your games based on last played date and hours played (which PSNProfiles doesn't do as far as I'm aware). For example, I've opened Lone Survivor, didn't unlock any trophies in it, and it's showing up on Exophase, but not on PSNProfiles or TrueTrophies. @x3sphere would probably know more about this.

From my experience, Exophase tracking has been very reliable on PSN-side.

Jonkar

I am very sure I never played them. I don't even own them, don't have a physical copy nor is it in my library. I am also the only person using my PS4.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Since we started tracking playtime the scanner is also able to pick up demos now. The issue seems to be that the demos were getting added. I originally added some code to filter these out but it stopped working recently, just fixed it. Are all the extra games gone now?

For example, the PSN servers do report that you've played Little Nightmares and it shows a playtime of around 1 hour and 39 minutes. Assuming this is a demo though.