• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Sega Delays Crush 3D, Shinobi, Blames 3DS Sales

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
5760crush_logo_eng.jpg

Upcoming 3DS titles Crush 3D and Shinobi have been hit with a delay, publisher Sega announced today. Crush 3D, the successor to 2007's addictive PSP puzzle-platformer, has been pushed to February 21, 2012. Ninja action side-scroller Shinobi has been moved to November 15.

Both titles were originally slated for September.

In the case of Crush 3D, the game is reportedly finished, but Sega decided to hold it back due to weak 3DS hardware sales[...]

Continue reading: Sega Delays Crush 3D, Shinobi, Blames 3DS Sales...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It seems to be selling as well as the PSP did back the day, which is not bad when you consider the $250 price point. I think it is a case of publishers setting unrealistic expectations based on the DS market.

El Diablo

That's good. Complain there's no sales, then stop working on games for them until later. Sure way to get sales up.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It seems to be selling as well as the PSP did back the day, which is not bad when you consider the $250 price point. I think it is a case of publishers setting unrealistic expectations based on the DS market.

That makes the most sense. Because last time I checked it was selling very well.
I dont' know why they were execpting Monster Hunter Class sales from it.

TeamOverload

Its called "devs waiting for PSVita". Is my prediction as they expect the "HD like" handheld to sell better.

PSP was more powerful than the DS, and it definitely didn't outsell it..To be fair, I think this handheld race is going to be a lot more competitive this time around, but we shall see.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The original PSP didn't have the game library that the PS Vita is going to have though.

TeamOverload

The original PSP didn't have the game library that the PS Vita is going to have though.
That's true I suppose, but the PSP did have a lot of hyped up titles at the time as well and then support just kind of dwindled off. Here's to hoping Sony actually did learn from their mistakes, as the past two years have been near completely barren for the PSP save for Final Fantasy related games hah.