• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Semi-Tethered redsn0w

mohaas05

Read the full article here

Basically this works like normal redsn0w. If you boot into DFU mode and run boothelper, it will boot into the modified kernel and firmware.

However, if you do not intervene, rather than freezing at boot, the ipod will boot to the stock, unjailbroken kernel.

http://iphwn.org/rslite102semi.zip

mohaas05

You can do it on windows.

It's basically the same as normal redsn0w, but you have to replace certain files.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I don't know if I really want to do this again. This would mean putting all my crap back on. Ugh, maybe when I have too much time over the weekend.

_Syn

Pfft, I think that the tethered redsn0w is much easier. I just use the GUI then do steps 5-7 then I find myself rebooting my iPod! :p

Moose

Meta Moose
I really can't be bothered to re-install all my JB Apps yet. If an untethered release comes out I'll be straight on it though.

Robby

Los Doyers!
It was pretty easy to do this. Since I had to knowledge of jailbreaking before this was a piece of cake.

mohaas05

Theoretically...since iphone os is unix-based...Is it possible to just copy over the entire filesystem, rejailbreak, then copy it back over?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
There's problems with this jailbreak if you want to use Winterboard. Or at least that's what I've heard. I'm not going to use it until I get some better clarification.