• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Series 60 320x240 Theme FAIL

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
We were talking about 320x240 compatible themes. There are literally 100s of sites with S60 themes for other resolutions like 240x320, 176x208 and other narrow screen resolutions.

I'm burning? I won't suggest any other sites then.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
If they had a dedicated 320x240 thread with decent themes it would make sense.

Well which phone do you want themes for? Then find out which Symbian OS Version it is. Go to the forum that says your version and there is a theme section, just a suggestion. My bad.

LocutusEstBorg

Well which phone do you want themes for? Then find out which Symbian OS Version it is. Go to the forum that says your version and there is a theme section, just a suggestion. My bad.

Thats the problem. There is only one universal theme format for each version of the platform such S60v2 or S60v3. S60v3 has MANY resolutions such as 176x208, 200x200, 240x320, 352x416 and 320x240. In the theme creator every graphic has multiple versions for each resolution/orientation but people usually don't bother to fill up anything other than 176x208 or 240x320. Now these themes scale to any of the narrow screen resolutions since they are all the same aspect ratio. But they don't scale well to wide screen resolutions and look fucked up. You would probably face the same problem if you took a narrow screen phone and tilted it sideways so the phone switched to horizontal orientation.

There's nothing such as a separate 320x240 theme. The same old S60v3 themes are supposed to work on ALL resolutions! Its negligence on the part of the theme creator.

You will have a separate section for your phone since its a S60v5 phone and has a different set of resolutions from S60v3 phones.