• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Server move complete

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just letting everyone know that we switched over to a brand-new web server last night. Everything went smooth (no downtime whatsoever) and it is our hope this move will make the site more reliable as a result. Also, we are now using nginx as our HTTP server instead of lighttpd, so don't be surprised to see pages loading up quicker than usual ;)

If by chance you happen to notice any functionality or usability issues on the site, please report them in this thread so that they can be addressed. Thanks for your continued support as always and enjoy the Super Bowl :biggrin:

J

jx233

Yeah, the random lag that happened before is gone. :smile:

What about Exophase file server, did that change?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, the random lag that happened before is gone. :smile:

What about Exophase file server, did that change?

Glad to hear that :) Yes, everything was moved over, including the file server.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
Glad to hear that :) Yes, everything was moved over, including the file server.

I was worried that downloads would be down, thats why i asked. my Custom Firmware Releases thread uses Exohase links for the CFW.

But since you moved that, does mean super-fast downloads? ( because older download/file server was fast! :smile: )

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was worried that downloads would be down, thats why i asked. my Custom Firmware Releases thread uses Exohase links for the CFW.

But since you moved that, does mean super-fast downloads? ( because older download/file server was fast! :smile: )

Yep :) The server is on a 100mbit connection, and usually only 10-15% of it is used on average, so we still have a lot of speed to spare.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
Yep :) The server is on a 100mbit connection, and usually only 10-15% of it is used on average, so we still have a lot of speed to spare.

:woot:

Well, since it isn't used alot, its less likely to crash. :)

d1ddy

the forums take longer to load on my iphone 3g , even in wifi .

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
the forums take longer to load on my iphone 3g , even in wifi .

Where do you live? Canada? Regardless of the server specs, speed unfortunately won't be as good there, because this server is located in California. I'm guessing you get around 100ms ping (that's what one of my other friends over there get).

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
WOW, I just noticed the pages at taking a bit longer to load to me too :/
Lisbon, Portugal