• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Share Your First Impressions of MW3

El Diablo

Hmm...forgot about those promos. That would probably explain it.

BlackSheep

I'm just happy to be rid of that fucking napalm strike. But basically it's just modern warfare 2.5 like everyone said it was going to be.
IW needs to stop designing the games as if Treyarch doesn't exist. Black Ops already improved upon much of what I didn't like about MW2, but this just seems like it Aimed to improve on MW2 instead of trying top black ops. I'm not a fan of the strike packages either.
Yes why would they take off the custom emblems im not liking this game good thing i just rented it for a couple of days

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yes why would they take off the custom emblems im not liking this game good thing i just rented it for a couple of days

Technically they didn't take off the emblems because they were never in Modern Warfare.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Not sure if this is the thread for the general discussion or what not, but it sort of goes here. Leveling up in multiplayer seems to go a lot faster than in the other games. I know there's always crazy people who level up faster than others, but I was seeing people last night in the high 50s and someone early this morning who was 68. It just seems like people blew through these levels way faster but it may just be me. I didn't really notice it in the other games so I could just be completely wrong.
Also keep in mind this game has been out for over a week now to pirates. Before the game even officially came out I was in a lobby with a 2nd prestige player.

El Diablo

Only on the xbox though.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well legit copies for both system were being sold early as well. I know K Mart had a day where they sold xbox and ps3 copies before release date and I'm sure some mom and pop shops did sell some as well since it always happens.

Leveling up is extremely easy, but some people did get a head start also(legit or not legit). I had the game a week before release and my friends already caught up to my level.

OUTL4W

The menu system is a lil clunky and convoluted...I think. Hate the type 95 for personal use but no one else seems to when they kill me with 2 body shots from it....the new gaaaaaaymaaas...or famas...whatever....needs nerfed. The theater system sucks as they replaced the "markers" with up/down mapped to the bumpers.
Maps seem very small...but village prolly the biggest and my favorite.

Also when I clearly get the first hit marker but die anyways.....when I watch killcam...oppenant gets first hit marker....WTF.

Moose

Meta Moose
Went to my local supermarket to see if they had BF3, which they didn't. But they had MW3 so I picked that up instead.

Really enjoyed the campaign all the way through. I'd say it was better than MW2s by a margin. Really enjoyed the missions where you had to capture the President and his daughter.
The multiplayer is more disappointed than I thought I'd be. It is so identical to MW2s multiplayer that I feel a little bit robbed.
Survival is spectacular. Had a few late nights playing it with my housemates and it gets us quite rowdy at times. The Spec-Ops missions on this MW are throwaway IMO. The AC-130 mission isn't nearly as enjoyable as the one on MW2, and I obviously expected too much from the Juggernaut mission because that was just downright boring.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I played some of the Campaign today and I really like it. And I've gotten over most of my initial complaints. But the spawning needs to be fixed badly.

OUTL4W

How do you see recent players "vault" of shared videos...

I couldn't give a shit about "common groups"

Btw - there's no way to turn "auto-aim" off?.....no wonder I can't hit shit...

I like how people can run right up a bullet stream to knife me in the face - lag
Spawning def needs fixed...I've seen myself in killcams wayyyyyy too many fuckin times spawning right in front of my killer.....