• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Should i get a Nintendo Switch?

giselegadot3

I have an Xbox at the moment but i really want a switch, ive thought anout selling my xbox to get switch but then thought about the games i have. this may sound stupid but can i play my xbox games in my switch? say for example i got crash bandicoot on my xbox (not the disc). would i be able to play it on the switch? Ps. sorry if the grammar is incorrect, my first language isn’t english 😅.
cbd products shop

Last edited:

PuFf3rL1GhTy

Sorry, but this isn’t possible. If you bought the game for a console, then you can’t have it for another one unless you buy it again.

Giri

Nintendo Switch has Minecraft, FIFA, witcher lll etc. Basically you could compromise with the great games available in Switch. Breath of the wild, Animal crossing New Horizons ,Smash Ultimate, Pokémon SwSh are great games and you won't regret getting them.
However if you've played Forza then you'll probably be disappointed with Mariokart 8D.

Also to everyone's surprise Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Witcher lll were released for Switch. But Switch WON'T have Cyberpunk 2077.

But before you buy a Switch I recommend that you try some classic Legend of Zelda, Pokémon and Mario games if you liked it's lore and all then you might consider buying switch.

If you have younger sibs then Switch is good

If you're a traveler then Switch is good as it's portable.

If you're expecting perfect resolution and framerates for non native games, then you're in for a big disappointment.

And if you like achievements, then as Antock said, you would no more get the tingling sensation when the achievements popup.

If you like online gaming then Xbox live is better than that of Switch.

Btw, hope this helped and you're grammar is good ;)

BigPete7978

I like the Switch. I HATE that the Switch has no form of achievements/trophies. It is a HUGE missing feature IMO. That being said there are some awesome exclusives on the platform. Plus Mario and Zelda are always fun, then throw in Smash Bros. Now for the cross platform purchasing? No. If you buy a game on Xbox, it does not appear on Switch. Separate stores, and separate payments.

Dosto28

No, you can't get the same game on switch because Nintendo and Microsoft are separate ecosystems. Switch is a pretty great console IMO. I enjoy mine a lot, if you get one also get a pro controller since joycons tend to break down in some cases.

GreasyJoysticks

hey , depends if you like those arcade style games but don’t get me wrong, my switch has a lot of my A grade favourite games as well. I come from an xbox and having the switch on the go is a game changer. I owned both the classic OGs as well lol, the PSP and the PS VITA, love having portable gaming just my opinion! hope this helps cheers

Livekraft

I have an Xbox at the moment but i really want a switch, ive thought anout selling my xbox to get switch but then thought about the games i have. this may sound stupid but can i play my xbox games in my switch? say for example i got crash bandicoot on my xbox (not the disc). would i be able to play it on the switch? Ps. sorry if the grammar is incorrect, my first language isn’t english 😅.
cbd products shop
Do not sell it... I did sell my X360 and I still missing it so bad...

Switch is a good handheld, I do not have one but my niece has it and I have had play some Mario Kart with her and it is fun. The bad part is that, yeah, it has third party support but the performance is... not that good compared to a home console.

You cannot play your Xbox games on Nintendo Switch, but you can play Xbox Game Pass on Switch if it has jailbreak or whatever is called and you install an Android Custom ROM in it. Some games has Xboxie's cheevos on Switch, like Minecraft. I cannot recall if there are more...

You should not sell your console, in the future you will want to play something on your Xbox but, surprise, you will not have it. I do know what I am talking about... I sold my PS3 to get a Vita on launch date... my X360 because I have a One X... Man, the regret is real.

PS: With Xbox Game Pass I'd talking about "xCloud" that streaming feature that is available on Android.

Last edited: