• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Sign a homebrew for me

phoenixv5

As much as I understand, it's some sort of module and it can be used to tell if your psp can be downgraded to 5.03 or not?
Mine for instance came with 4.21 pre-installed so it has to have a 03g module.
Lemme see if I can dig up more info.......

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Oh, no it's cool, I understand. It's like motherboard revisions of the same model.

My first PSP Slim came with 3.60 (first Slim firmware) so I can use any Slim firmware on it, while Slims that came with i.e. 4.01 (like my second slim) may have updated hardware, and different motherboard revisions.

Thanks anyway, I hoped my previous link turned out useful ;)

If anyone else can help me troubleshoot the 5.03 HEN issues, that'd be great :)

phoenixv5

For some reason, the speed increased after I changed the pictures !:eek:hmy:
Or maybe it's because I just used it a lot....

If you want I'll up the edited version (I didn't like the old pic!) if you want...
The only difference are these..........
PIC1.pngICON0.png

phoenixv5

Oh and the link was usefull, but I did want ident....
Well, this will do for now at least...
Anywayz, yes I think your right, 03g and 04g are (for 3000s?) sorta like the saying TA088-v3 for 2000s.

I started the HEN about 4 to 5 times with this version (had to remove cxmb theme and so I restarted a lot) and I tried running about 4 to 5 XMB items.
So far the number of crashes is.... ZERO!

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Humm, can you just upload the version you're using instead?

And no, that's not what I meant. I meant more like that the PSP 3000 has the TA-091 motherboard, but that there are different revisions of it.
For example: The 03g model. There is a 04g model as well, meaning that there is two revisions of the same motherboard with different capabilities.
The 04g model comes with a newer firmware, thus removing backward compatibilty for all firmwares before the release of the shipping firmware. The two models would be TA-091 03g, and TA-091 04g. (Or v1/v2 if you so wish to, maybe that's what you meant.)

phoenixv5

phoenixv5

Did you get it?
Mine now boots in something like 10 seconds!!!

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Yeah, I got it. Works a lot better, even if loading times didn't exactly improve. I haven't been experiencing any more crashes though :)

phoenixv5

I see.
Glad to hear it helps...
And as for loading times, it'll get faster the more times you run it, after about 5 runs or so, it'll load within 5 seconds!!