• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

simulator help

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
guys i am looking for

simulator for the following

windows 7
windows vista
mac 10.5
mac 10.6

Help will be appreciated

Thanks

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
simulator? Don't you mean something for virtual machines? what do you mean by simulator?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
You can setup Virtual Machines on your PC which will allow you to run other operating systems on top of your current operating system. The one I would recommend is Virtual Box which is free and has loads of advanced features like the ability to share files and folders between the host machine and the virtual machine. This is what I believe you mean by 'simulator' for those operating systems

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You can setup Virtual Machines on your PC which will allow you to run other operating systems on top of your current operating system. The one I would recommend is Virtual Box which is free and has loads of advanced features like the ability to share files and folders between the host machine and the virtual machine. This is what I believe you mean by 'simulator' for those operating systems

I second VirtualBox, it's the awesome-st app I've ever fiddled around with.

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
It is a online simulation of widows or mac its a site where u go and start button appers destop appers

i want like that

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It is a online simulation of widows or mac its a site where u go and start button appers destop appers

i want like that

Such a thing doesn't exist...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
he wants an online virtual machine

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
yes like a flash portal but online

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
because one of my friends needs it urgently because where he is working they need it to solve problems for customers with diff operating systems

TeamOverload

I would use a true virtual machine for that rather than this fake operating system garbage. I just played around with it, and that won't help with much of anything.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Virtual Machines are win tbh

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
because one of my friends needs it urgently because where he is working they need it to solve problems for customers with diff operating systems

Sounds like he shouldn't have been hired if he doesn't have the know-how to fix customer's computers and his job is to fix customer's computers.

Especially if he is reaching out to you to find help somewhere online.

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
so whats the best to use

MenaceInc

Staff Member
*facepalm*

logmein...if he was to get the client to install it on their computer.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Online solutions are incomplete and therefore you won't be able to do much with them at all, they are not true instances of the OS. You will require a virtual machine (basically runs an OS within an OS). For most companies that troubleshoot multiple systems they either have multiple systems themselves or use a virtual machine. I'm not aware of any virtual machine that will run Mac OSX within Windows however

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
logmein is pretty nice. I've never had to use it, but my wife uses it when she works from home on occasion.