• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Site cannot retrieve my Xbox Profile

Rhinne

The site is unable to retrieve my Xbox profile for some reason.

I checked all my privacy settings and they should be set correctly. I went through the help info and the settings all match what you recommend.

My gamertag is Rhinne - same as my forum, PSN and Steam ID.

Are you able to see what the issue may be, please?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi there,

I can't view your profile on Xbox.com either. Oddly, it doesn't even say it's private, the profile just completely fails to load: https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?Gamertag=Rhinne

I remember there was one other user that had this problem but I'm not sure if he was ever able to rectify it. I'll see if I can find out more.

Edit: Also tried searching for your gamertag in the Xbox app, nothing came up. Curious can you view your own profile on Xbox.com (if logged in of course)?

Last edited:

Rhinne

It seems there's some kind of problem with my profile.

I've not been able to play any 360 games on backwards compatibility as it fails to download my profile every time. I've been on to support and they are investigating further. They've now asked if I'm sure I've spelled my Gamertag correctly as they can't find it. But, that's the ID showing on my console and in my account on Xbox.com.

I tried to search for myself, but got no results. I've been able to add a couple of friends (only just got my Xbox One, so new to it and using a different account to what I had back in the 360 days), but for some reason my profile seems to be screwed on Microsoft's side.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hopefully they will sort it out for you, I tried a bunch of different ways to retrieve your profile information but had no luck.

The other user that had this issue could also add friends, I was able to get his profile added to the site by having him add me as a friend. So feel free to send a friend request to x3sphere and I should be able to get you added to the site then.

Rhinne

Thanks, I've just added you. Hopefully that helps to get me added to the site.

I appreciate the help. I've had zero progress with Microsoft support in the week since I reported the problem.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Should be good now, was able to get your profile added :)

retrofan81

Hi there. My privacy settings are all correct, but exophase says my xbox profile does not exist. Can someone check this please?
The gamertag is the same like here, retrofan81

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi there. My privacy settings are all correct, but exophase says my xbox profile does not exist. Can someone check this please?
The gamertag is the same like here, retrofan81

Should be able to add it now. I think it was because there used to already be an account with that gamertag here