• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Site Redesign Beta Launch - Phase 1

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Today we're excited to launch phase 1 of the site redesign, which includes an all-new dark theme and functionality updates to some of the pages. To access the beta, visit the Edit Account page then navigate to the Beta submenu and click the opt-in button.

In addition to the design changes, some new features we've added in this phase of the beta are:

- A new mosaic view for displaying achievements on the game pages

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 6.06.53 PM.png

- A new page to list all achievements you've earned (accessible by clicking "All achievements" on a profile page).

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 6.10.40 PM.png

- Ability to view full-sized images of achievements icons (for platforms that support it, only Xbox One / Windows 10 games offer larger images for now).

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 6.22.37 PM.png

Let us know if you experience any issues. We haven't fully optimized the beta for mobile yet, so we're aware of some issues there. Next phase will focus on additional features such as the guide system and following users.

Windhauch

Looks quite good with no obvious problems, though I hoped that you could retrieve those achievements, you didn't earned from your started games yet, sorted by most common to most rare or something like that. Perhaps this is a future features in beta phase 2... ;)

Second feature I'd like to have is compare your games to someone else on this site...

Feral

Looks great on desktop. There's a few display issues on my tablet which I assume you're aware of when you talk about mobile issues.

All achievements is great, it would be nice to be able to see all unearned achievements across all your games too, and be able to sort both by rarity to see what the easiest achievements you could potentially earn are across all your games.

I'm in the GOG Galaxy 2.0 Beta and can safely say Exophase is the better of the 2 currently.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Looks great on desktop. There's a few display issues on my tablet which I assume you're aware of when you talk about mobile issues.

All achievements is great, it would be nice to be able to see all unearned achievements across all your games too, and be able to sort both by rarity to see what the easiest achievements you could potentially earn are across all your games.

I'm in the GOG Galaxy 2.0 Beta and can safely say Exophase is the better of the 2 currently.
Thanks, yeah we're planning on adding filtering / sort options to the all achievements page soon.

Catching up on some requests folks made the other thread - on the platform specific profile pages I've now added a Profile Overview button (in the sidebar) that links back to the user's main profile now. That way it's easier to find other users on the site.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 12.34.38 PM.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is there currently or planed a feature to submit game covers many thanks..
There's a button at the top of the game page to submit backgrounds (if one doesn't exist) but not the game icons themselves. I could add that as an option though.

Skumblex

This looks really, really great!
So far I only found one issue: For me, 'Rage 2' looks a little bit strange. It is marked as 100% completed, even though there was just a new DLC released, which should have decreased my completion percentage. At least this behaviour is not consistent with the other games?

On the same note, I always think it is a little bit 'sad' when you get 100% in a game and then a DLC drops and the game is no longer listed as completed. Might it be possible to add a 'base game completed' badge in addition to the '100% completed' badge? This way, we would not loose everything just because of a new DLC.

Screenshot_20191024_231643.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This looks really, really great!
So far I only found one issue: For me, 'Rage 2' looks a little bit strange. It is marked as 100% completed, even though there was just a new DLC released, which should have decreased my completion percentage. At least this behaviour is not consistent with the other games?

On the same note, I always think it is a little bit 'sad' when you get 100% in a game and then a DLC drops and the game is no longer listed as completed. Might it be possible to add a 'base game completed' badge in addition to the '100% completed' badge? This way, we would not loose everything just because of a new DLC.

I've fixed the issue with Rage 2. About having a badge for completing the base game, Xamantu had that in the mockups - I haven't gotten around to including it yet but will do so soon. It'll look like this, you'll see a gamepad icon with a check on top of it:

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.54.56 PM.png

There's a button at the top of the game page to submit backgrounds (if one doesn't exist) but not the game icons themselves. I could add that as an option though.
That would be very cool man if you get time I know your doing alot at the moment cheers pal...

Skumblex

Hey,
thanks for fixing the 'Rage 2' issue. I just realized, that the total number of earned XP for Google Play games is not perfecty centered with respect to the progress bar:

1572092917907.png

BTW, is there a reason why the background color of the 'Google Play' badge (next to the yellow controllor icon) is not the same as the color used for Google Play in the account overview (which is some kind of light green)?

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey,
thanks for fixing the 'Rage 2' issue. I just realized, that the total number of earned XP for Google Play games is not perfecty centered with respect to the progress bar:

View attachment 10261

BTW, is there a reason why the background color of the 'Google Play' badge (next to the yellow controllor icon) is not the same as the color used for Google Play in the account overview (which is some kind of light green)?

Have updated this now!

Skumblex

Hi again,

I just checked out the mosaic view today and even though it looks great, it does not seem to perfectly adjust to the screen size. Thus, in the screenshot below, there are two additional trophies in the last row.

Screenshot from 2019-10-28 11-44-51.png

In addition to this, are there any plans for a setting to adjust the number of trophies that are shown per page in this mosaic view? Furthermore, I think it would be great to add additional filter options, like only showing platinum trophies for PS games. Having all platinum trophies in this mosaic view would be dope.

Also in the list view, you might want to reserve a little more space for the badges, so that Google Play does not have a line break? At least in my case, there is still enough space on the page to do so.

Screenshot from 2019-10-28 12-00-28.png

I hope I do not spam this thread with my findings/feedback for the beta redesign, but if there is a better place to do so, please let me know.

BTW, thanks for all of the great work. For me this site has almost completely replaced PSNProfiles. You definitely earned yourself a new premium subscriber.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi again,

I just checked out the mosaic view today and even though it looks great, it does not seem to perfectly adjust to the screen size. Thus, in the screenshot below, there are two additional trophies in the last row.

In addition to this, are there any plans for a setting to adjust the number of trophies that are shown per page in this mosaic view? Furthermore, I think it would be great to add additional filter options, like only showing platinum trophies for PS games. Having all platinum trophies in this mosaic view would be dope.

Also in the list view, you might want to reserve a little more space for the badges, so that Google Play does not have a line break? At least in my case, there is still enough space on the page to do so.

I hope I do not spam this thread with my findings/feedback for the beta redesign, but if there is a better place to do so, please let me know.

BTW, thanks for all of the great work. For me this site has almost completely replaced PSNProfiles. You definitely earned yourself a new premium subscriber.

Thanks for the support and feedback :) I have made some adjustments to the mosaic view and fixed the Google Play badge width. It may not fill the entire row with icons depending on the browser size (though it should at yours), but the space is now distributed evenly, which looks better I think. Offering an option to select how many trophies per page is a good idea.

Yeah we could add an option for displaying platinum trophies only, I'll get that implemented soon!

Also pushed a lot of fixes for the mobile styling over the past few days. Profile page should be in much better shape on mobile/tablet devices now.