• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Site Redesign Beta Launch - Phase 1

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks! However, with compact mode enabled, when I hover on the first platform on the platform bar, some of the contents of the top bar overflow into the next row. Might be because my nickname on PSN is too long.

Here's a screenshot of when I hover over PSN (you can see that the contents of the top bar are split into two rows):
View attachment 10284

And here's one of when I hover over Xbox Live (no splitting into two rows):
View attachment 10285
It should be fixed now. I lowered the font size a bit on the username and tightened up the padding.

Deepo

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I can't find a way to toggle the visibility of secret achievements on games in the new design.

Ryusennin

The dark theme is nice and easy on the eye, but the beta layout is wasting way too much space IMO.

Why stretch the platforms (Steam, PSN, etc) on two rows when one row was perfectly enough?
Is there a compact mode somewhere on the profile page? I couldn't find one.

Also, on the front page of Exophase, you might want to put a link to this thread in your message about the beta redesign.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is there a compact mode somewhere on the profile page? I couldn't find one.

There is, under Preferences on the account page.

Why stretch the platforms (Steam, PSN, etc) on two rows when one row was perfectly enough?

For users with a very high achievement count there isn't enough space so that's why it breaks on another row (though if your screen resolution is high enough it won't). In the old design, the count totals were overflowing on some profiles. For example:

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 2.31.58 PM.png

I suppose I could change how it breaks based on how many achievements the user has. With your profile, yes it would fit all on one row.

Good idea about linking the beta thread on the front page, I'll do that.

Skumblex

Hi all,

Just found some weird behaviour in the mobile version of the page. When I look at my archievements in the mosaic view, there are always 42 pages, even though the later ones are not filled with any trophies. Is this a bug or an easter egg? 😋

Screenshot_20191204-103127.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi all,

Just found some weird behaviour in the mobile version of the page. When I look at my archievements in the mosaic view, there are always 42 pages, even though the later ones are not filled with any trophies. Is this a bug or an easter egg? 😋

Thanks, have fixed this!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I can't find a way to toggle the visibility of secret achievements on games in the new design.

Added back the visibility toggle now (it's under List Options). Btw, I'll add a profile setting for changing the default visibility state soon.

Skumblex

Not sure if this is related to the beta redesign, but right now I cannot update my Gamercard.
1575977119690.png

More precisely, I cannot select a value from the drop-down menu. This is true for both mobile and desktop.

EDIT: This problem seems to only be present in the redesign. I can adjust my gamercard after reverting back to the old design.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not sure if this is related to the beta redesign, but right now I cannot update my Gamercard.
View attachment 10294
More precisely, I cannot select a value from the drop-down menu. This is true for both mobile and desktop.

EDIT: This problem seems to only be present in the redesign. I can adjust my gamercard after reverting back to the old design.

Are you still experiencing this? I wasn't able to reproduce it, might've gotten fixed in one of the other updates I made though.

Skumblex

Hi, thanks for checking. Seems like the problem is gone. However, I still cannot see which value was selected in the drop-sown menu, since it is always simply white (like shown in the screenshot that was appended to my previous post).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, it was fixed for a long time, but I'm now encountering the exact same problem again.

Yeah, we're running out of room there again in compact view. It's because the complete games count was added since. I decided to remove the "hours" text from the playtime since that takes up a lot of space, and the icon itself is probably a good enough indicator of what it is anyway.

Unless you had any other ideas @Xamantu?

Xamantu

Staff Member
Staff member
That'll do it for now. The icon is a good enough indicator and there's a tooltip text. We can think of something else if the problem persists.

yuniper

Is there a way to switch the new design to a light theme? Maybe I just didn't see the option but I generally prefer light themes for desktop sites.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is there a way to switch the new design to a light theme? Maybe I just didn't see the option but I generally prefer light themes for desktop sites.

We will add an option for that soon, it's in the works.

IntensoFOX

There is still a section where there are guides to obtain the achievements, as we have some like trueachievements, truesteamachievements including steam itself, truetrophies, but it would also be good to have this section in exophase, so that there is also for other platforms like origin , blizzard, google play, gog, retro, uplay and stadia. As well as information on the game page, the achievements that are available to obtain, the unavailable ones and the availability of the game itself. 🎮

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
LOVE the new beta design. Particularly the dark theme and progress bar colours (hated the gray incomplete bars and green 100%, green and gold is much better) and everything looks sleeker. That said I have a few suggestions:

Custom Icons - I think this is the most important, I suggested this back in 2017 and it looks like some others have suggested it too. It should be as simple as adding a "Submit Icon" button next to "Submit Background" on the game pages? The retro icons are the worst but many Xbox icons are logo-less or badly cropped box art and even some PlayStation icons are bad. I would highly recommend custom icons focused on game logos, it would make our game lists look so much nicer. I'd be happy to submit many myself.

Custom Sort Order - I don't know if this would be hard to implement but I would love a way to reorder my game list on my profile page. I can already pick and choose which games are shown or hidden but I'd love to be able to put games in the same franchise in release order or put spin-off games together and that sort of thing. I use alphabetical now but it bugs me that Gears 5 is above the other Gears of War games for instance. Some franchises don't use numbers at all so those games are really mixed up.

When selecting this from the sort order menu I would suggest using Alphabetical A-Z as the initial order and letting us reorder it from there. Obviously save the custom list order to our profiles so it doesn't vanish after using different sort orders and switching back.

Layout Options on Sidebar - You know the sidebar that appears when you click the settings icon on the profile page? It would be cool if the layout options appeared there instead of having to dig through the profile details and preferences pages. Heck maybe throw all of the profile options on the sidebar, but especially the layout options.

I hope that's helpful!