• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Six Months, Still Going Strong

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
mfm6month-thumb.jpg

With each passing day, rolling minute and ticking second, our beloved M for Mature grows. As a contributor on this site, I was given a window - or, more accurately, a doorway - into the way this site and community is run. In being given the opportunity to see the very bare sprockets of this community turning and getting to know all the staff, I can honestly say that I am proud to be a part of M for Mature. I'm proud to be a part of it because it is more than a site, it's a community - no, a home that the staff, my fellow contributors and *you* worked so hard to bring this far.

Through my contributions to M for Mature, and the community, I was given an insight into every little update before it happened and the opportunity to personally mold everything into the best it can be through my feedback and criticism. The beginning of this month marked M for Mature's 6 month Anniversary and yet we are only writing a celebration article now (well, I wrote this a while back and FrozenIpaq and EvilSeph have only had time to look over it recently :p ): just goes to show how busy things have become since the Staff went public with the site in October.

As a tribute to all the hard work that flows through the very veins of this community - whether it be their personal participation in discussions that take place in the community (which not every site does) or the constant updates and additions of cool, sometimes unheard of, features - I'd like to take some time to celebrate with you all, our 6 Month Anniversary and take a look back at all the little and big things that have happened in the past 6 months.

In just 6 months, such a short amount of time, we went from being a small community, to now hitting the 1900 member mark. Update after update, much consideration can be called when thinking of the staff. They aren't bound to the site, like robots are bound to their masters. They are not being paid; they are not being compensated for anything they do. They are doing this because it is what they love to do and they do it for you, the community. If you have been following this site since its construction, you'd see that they have been focused on creating a warm community from the get go. Every day they join into topics, always with a quality that can be unmatched throughout most other forums. They also provide knowledgeable insight into many topics, so you won

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump!

The above post by Spike021 is marked with our "Staff Approved" sticker...actually, that's not a bad idea

Lampworker

I believed this all at the time. Until I saw the ugly truth of this site. I just wish I didn't fall for this, and saw this place as the playground it is.

chrono6456

Whoa!

I remember when I google searched mformature and this only said around $200.

Has our population growth been mostly linear, or have there been any exponential jumps somewhere?

Whoa!

I remember when I google searched mformature and this only said around $200.

Has our population growth been mostly linear, or have there been any exponential jumps somewhere?

Its growing because of the release of the TIFF exploit. That's the only reason why, but I hope it continues to grow after this HEN stuff is over and done with. :cool:

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Very well written piece! I'm so pleased to have joined this community so early on in its roots. Lets toast the next 6 months! :D