• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Skyrim impressions

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
considering the game drops in a few hours here in the states, thought i'd get the ball rolling for people's impressions of the game, i personally couldn't wait the extra week as much as i wanted to, and downloaded skyrim for the 360, and have put in roughly 24 hours, it is absolutely awesome imo, and the shear amount of things to be done are mind boggling.

i can't wait to get serious when i get the pc copy of it from steam tonight.

Joey

I haven't played it yet, but I've watched a few hours of gameplay, and it looks fucking legit. Downloading that shit now.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I tried to get into this game but I couldn't. Too many good multiplayer games out right now I couldn't put the time into it this past week.
It's seems fun, kinda slow at first.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm finding the keyboard and mouse controls extremely janky. Especially when navigating the menus... it feels wrong. Switched to the 360 controller and I'm finding this much more enjoyable now.

Game gets a lot better after you pass the dungeon part too, was the same with Oblivion if I recall.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I got this game for free along with Rage for the PC... too bad my PC can't run it :(

I'm part of that Bethesda Insiders site since I work at Target, so all I had to do was answer some questions about the game and I got Skyrim and Rage for the PC for free along with a code to download Fallout New Vegas for the xbox.

It says I can refer a friend so if anyone wants to try it, send me your email. I'm not sure if it will ask for employment verification though.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I'm finding the keyboard and mouse controls extremely janky. Especially when navigating the menus... it feels wrong. Switched to the 360 controller and I'm finding this much more enjoyable now.

Game gets a lot better after you pass the dungeon part too, was the same with Oblivion if I recall.
u got the pc version already?
playing the 360 version, i was wondering how it'd be to navigate the menu's on the pc, it's defiantly geared more toward a controller, than toward a mouse and kb imo.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I got this game for free along with Rage for the PC... too bad my PC can't run it :(

I'm part of that Bethesda Insiders site since I work at Target, so all I had to do was answer some questions about the game and I got Skyrim and Rage for the PC for free along with a code to download Fallout New Vegas for the xbox.

It says I can refer a friend so if anyone wants to try it, send me your email. I'm not sure if it will ask for employment verification though.

Hmm I'll try it out, I'll PM my email.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
u got the pc version already?
playing the 360 version, i was wondering how it'd be to navigate the menu's on the pc, it's defiantly geared more toward a controller, than toward a mouse and kb imo.

There was a way to unlock it yesterday on Steam using a Australian VPN.

Here's my character:

759b4dcf580e7331e11065dbb3556d3c100003fd.jpg

Joey

Do people react to the things you wear? Because I was supposed to goto a city and talk to a guy, but everybody in the city wanted to kill me the moment I walked in, even the guy I was supposed to talk to.

I'm just wondering if it was my imperial armor, or if that was a bug.

Also, playing the game on PC with a controller. Works awesomely. Looks gorgeous too.

Adiuvo

I'm pretty sure I'll be spending more time in this than I did in Oblivion. It's much more polished, and the dungeons... oh my god the dungeons.

The only complaint I have is the slight delay in turning while in third person. Besides that the game plays great.

There's even swimming rabbits!

7E96C107E160F9F24726B1AD66095A9ACE5E820F

TeamOverload

I tried to get into this game but I couldn't. Too many good multiplayer games out right now I couldn't put the time into it this past week.
It's seems fun, kinda slow at first.

This was my problem with Oblivion. I just couldn't get into it. I have no doubt that this game is a masterpiece and a phenomenal game, and I have no problems with other RPGs..this series just has never really managed to capture me. However, I don't currently have a broadband connection, and am only online via my phone data plan and tethering, so multiplayer isn't really going to be useful to me for a while, so..the thoughts of such a massive time consuming single player game make me interested. Might hold off a bit..might not, haha, maybe I'll just swing by Walmart or something today and if it catches my eye and they have any in stock, I may just grab it.

El Diablo

Hey Robby, I'll take Skyrim if your PC can't run it :p.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i've noticed one annoying bug on the pc, if i go into a conversation with someone, then open up steamworks, i can't exit the conversation.

anyone else having this problem on pc?

Zx30

Beto
I'm trying so hard to like this game but I haven't been able to yet. I was completely hooked on Oblivion until I accomplished everything but I can't play this for more than an hour before getting bored....

...I'm going to try and figure out why... =/

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Anyone find a good place to buy spells? The College of Winterhold is kind of lacking.

i imagine you get better offerings if you level up the appropriate magic skill for what your looking for, or at least that's how it seemed to work with blacksmithing.