• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Skyrim impressions

Adiuvo

I figured out that it was the same with magic. People sold be better spells once I got around a new spllcasting level.

Joey

I bought like 14 spell books before I realized how much magicka they used. One of them actually requires more Magicka than my full meter even has (needs something like 217 magicka, and my meters goes to 150).

So, I'm now poor, and I have a bunch of apprentice spells I can't really use efficiently yet. Also, I bought a horse for 1000 gold, and it got killed by a Dragon less than an hour later :(

Adiuvo

My mage is finally starting to become a killing machine. I also took J'Skar as a companion and I'm pretty sure his spells level up with you, since he keeps on one-shotting things. He also shoots the Ice Spike spell really fast. It's pretty much a hail of spikes whenever he uses it.

TeamOverload

I bought like 14 spell books before I realized how much magicka they used. One of them actually requires more Magicka than my full meter even has (needs something like 217 magicka, and my meters goes to 150).

So, I'm now poor, and I have a bunch of apprentice spells I can't really use efficiently yet. Also, I bought a horse for 1000 gold, and it got killed by a Dragon less than an hour later :(
I did the same thing with the magic so don't feel bad. Wasn't thinking :/

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm waiting for patches to this game before I acquire it, since I tried it and I didn't like the shoddy console port feel it had (which was the feeling I was left with after GamesCom). Mouse not working in UI, no tutorials whatsoever for the revamped and good looking UI (like telling me I could set keyboard shortcuts?) and a few other kinks.

The game is great and should be a great time-sinker when I do play it, which I will. But for now I'll stick to my Indie-vasion of PC gems that I've been playing lately.

Also, hai.

elite

Oldie moldie
Adiuvo, what GPU do you use? Your image seems spectacular.

I got a 250 GTS. Hope it gives enough juice to play this game.

El Diablo

Why exactly do they limit their games to only using 2gigs of ram?

Adiuvo

Adiuvo, what GPU do you use? Your image seems spectacular.

I got a 250 GTS. Hope it gives enough juice to play this game.

6950. It runs on ultra. A 250 won't do that, but the game will still look fine.

And speaking of screenshots...

9B5C72E7A29BA3B3AE24B3D8895E8CA50A0FE513

3D42CF49182197B2CF5666372DBF36E6D7A9E17E

177C8DBC739B022AC52009B2527C009B8DAAC338

2069B40975BAC82088D9D9BD493BFA6F6DEEB77D

6E768F0048515A4177B3916C116CD00445FBBBE3

El Diablo

El Diablo

I haven't really noticed a difference because I didn't have it maxed out before. After I made the change I maxed everything out and I pretty much get a constant 60fps except when I'm in really big places or something it will dip down. I can't really say if it made an improvement though. I'm sure it will really make a difference though once you start adding in all the other mods and things to improve the game.

Adiuvo

The patch isn't going to improve performance, but it can reduce the amount of crashes. It was the same in Oblivion and Fallout, which used the same program to remove the limit.

El Diablo

Is there a way to raise the volume in this game? Even at max volume the sound from the game is incredibly low (on the PC anyway).

Also I got bit by a vampire, didn't know it or what to do, got turned into one, went 4 days without blood and holy shit. The game basically becomes impossible at that point, I don't know how you're supposed to get blood without cheating. Even when using the vampire invisible ability and trying to sneak into towns, they would instantly see me and kill me through invis. It was ridiculous, the only way I was able to get blood was by turning off the AI in the console so I could walk in and feed. I don't like cheating in games but it was the only way I could continue the game without starting over.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Is there a way to raise the volume in this game? Even at max volume the sound from the game is incredibly low (on the PC anyway).
in windows go to volume->Playback devices->select your default speakers, and turn on loudness equalization, that'll fix the issue.

Adiuvo

Vampires get stronger the longer they go without blood.

The affliction also shows up as a disease before you turn permanently. It's too late now, but next time you can get a blessing at a chapel to remove the disease, or take a potion.

Zx30

Beto
Vampires get stronger the longer they go without blood.

The affliction also shows up as a disease before you turn permanently. It's too late now, but next time you can get a blessing at a chapel to remove the disease, or take a potion.

If I recall correctly, I think there was a way to become human again once you were already a vampire in Oblivion. Maybe Skyrim has it too?