• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Skyrim Shatters Concurrent Player Count Record On Steam

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
skyrim4.jpg

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim might just be the most popular PC title to grace Steam -- ever. The concurrent player count, as of today, peaked at an impressive 231,593.

We've never seen it reach that high. The closest contender is probably Portal 2, which peaked at just over 90K in release week[...]

Continue reading: Skyrim Shatters Concurrent Player Count Record On Steam...

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Wow.
Sort of makes me think I'm missing out.

TeamOverload

Nothing if you aren't into that stuff.

I know i'm not missing anything at all.

You'll play FFXIV based on your sig, but not Skyrim? Come on now. I know you're gonna discuss how one is an MMO and the other is not, but the quality of one is far above and beyond the other, and I don't think there's any denying that.

Sinfulfate

I too hated Oblivion and I love this. I'm enjoying this more than I enjoyed Fallout 3, which is a lot.

Why is that? I hated Oblivion as well and picked up Skyrim since I got a good deal on it but after playing for a bit it has two of the biggest problems I had with Oblivion, clunky combat and uninteresting story/characters/dialog. As soon as I finish Deus Ex, I'll put some more time into Skyrim but I hate that in order to get to the best parts of skyrim,like the quests, you have to get through the clunky combat and boring dialog.

I wish someone would make a game that had the gameplay/story/dialog of the fable series but the expansiveness and amount of content of the Elder Scrolls games, now that would be an awesome game.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Why is that? I hated Oblivion as well and picked up Skyrim since I got a good deal on it but after playing for a bit it has two of the biggest problems I had with Oblivion, clunky combat and uninteresting story/characters/dialog. As soon as I finish Deus Ex, I'll put some more time into Skyrim but I hate that in order to get to the best parts of skyrim,like the quests, you have to get through the clunky combat and boring dialog.

I wish someone would make a game that had the gameplay/story/dialog of the fable series but the expansiveness and amount of content of the Elder Scrolls games, now that would be an awesome game.

I'm not entirely sure why. The story is probably the least important thing for me in games now, I'm the douche that skips all cutscenes because I really can't be arsed with it anymore. I think the biggest thing I like about this game is the environment and the graphics. I guess you can call me shallow because I admit that I am.

Joey

I'm not entirely sure why. The story is probably the least important thing for me in games now, I'm the douche that skips all cutscenes because I really can't be arsed with it anymore. I think the biggest thing I like about this game is the environment and the graphics. I guess you can call me shallow because I admit that I am.
Yeah, I'm not even sure why I like this game, I just do.

There's something about this game and Fallout 3 that keeps hooking me. There's something satisfying about fighting something, and being able to loot their body that I just love. It's a true meritocracy. You want that sword? Go ahead and take it from him, and it's yours.

Also, I don't think the combat is that horrible. It's not the best, but for an RPG, it totally works for me. Also, like Andy said, this game is simply gorgeous. If you're not playing this game on PC, you're probably not going to understand what's so great about this game.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think the combat is noticeably improved over Oblivion. It's still clunky compared to other games, but most of the time I'm using spells anyway.

I was put off by a lot of things in Oblivion, but Skyrim has me hooked.