• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

SNES9xTYL problem

docteh

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with the SNES9xTYL emulator. After it loads, it gives me an error message saying it could not read my Memory Stick and, therefore, cannot bring up my ROMs. I do not think my memory stick is corrupt since it runs all my other Homebrew, PS1 games, and backed up games perfect. It also plays my movies perfectly fine.

My PSP is a slim with CFW 5.00 M33-6. I am using Bubbletune's Sorter as well. My memory stick is a 16 GB Sony MS Pro Duo Mark 2.

Any help is appreciated, thank you

Cryox

Bro.
Hi guys,

I am having a problem with the SNES9xTYL emulator. After it loads, it gives me an error message saying it could not read my Memory Stick and, therefore, cannot bring up my ROMs. I do not think my memory stick is corrupt since it runs all my other Homebrew, PS1 games, and backed up games perfect. It also plays my movies perfectly fine.

My PSP is a slim with CFW 5.00 M33-6. I am using Bubbletune's Sorter as well. My memory stick is a 16 GB Sony MS Pro Duo Mark 2.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
It's probably because your using the the sorter. Place snes9xtyl outside of the sort folder so x:\psp\game or whatever, and it should work.

docteh

I tried that to no avail. When I put it in the GAME folder, the Sorter puts it in the Uncategorized Mem. Stick icon on the PSP XMB. Maybe thats it, I'll try disabling the Sorter to see what happens.

EDIT: I disabled the Sorter and ran the emulator, still says Error reading Memory Stick

ilovepi

SUDO take over the world
Try

When it loads up does it show the error screen then go into the "choose a file" area. If so just press the triangle button, in mine it says it again, press triangle a second time and it should bring up a list o folders, select "GAME" with the O button. Then Navigate to the ROM folder. (On my memory stick it's located in
ms0:/PSP/GAME/CAT_Emulators/s9xTYL/ROMS. Hopefully this works, if it's not understandable I'll make a video if you want.