• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

So who's installed Custom Firmware?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Hey,
I've been kind of watching the PS3 scene for a while, and having stayed offline for a while to avoid the 3.56 update I finally installed 3.55 kmeaw CFW onto my PS3 last night. It was surprisingly easy to install, and I now have 2 backup managers installed too, and am currently copying Black Ops (which is 18.6GB...) into my internal HDD.
You can also go online using 3.55 by either changing both your primary and secondary DNS to 67.202.81.137 or by using some software on your PC and using it as a proxy on the PS3.
So anyone else installed PS3 custom firmware yet?

TeamOverload

Did it. Basically same set up as you. 3.55 Kmeaw. Haven't really bothered to pirate any games to be honest. Internet where I am is just way too slow. Tested it out though and backups work great. Connected to PSN just fine with DNS trick.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Nice. Did you use MultiMan or Gaia Manager? I've installed both as they both seem to support different games. I think I'm just going to borrow games from mates and rip them to the internal HDD.
Also, I think I may run the software rather than the DNS trick, as I think it would be less detectable as you choose which PS3 firmware the software should tell PSN you're on.

Spiros

Maiki
3.55 kmeaw aswell, haven't had any problems, I have both Gaia and MultiMAN installed, though I pretty much exclusively use MultiMAN. Haven't had any problems, and haven't bothered trying to going online as online play isn't really important to me.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I have installed it but failed to see any non-pirate progress so I updated. As a Plus subscriber and online gamer I need PSN

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
3.55 kmeaw. I bought a 500GB hard drive the other day so I can backup my games on the internal drive without worrying about space. I've installed multiman and Gaia, but I pretty much exclusively use Gaia since it has handled everything I own nicely.

rileysnotz

Installed 3.55kmeaw but I don't really see anything new besides periodic updates to either multiman or gaia. Nothing really spectacular. I'll probably stay on for a few weeks but I'll update to 3.56 OFW shortly. Unless of course something does come along to make me think otherwise.

Spiros

Maiki
Nope. I just wanted to watch from the sidelines and try to avoid early bugs.

Still on OFW 3.55, using the DNS trick to get online. I'll be moving to 3.65 CFW when that becomes available.

I'd say the CFW's now are really stable, the only one that was dangerous was Waninkoko's first CFW but I haven't heard of anyone having any trouble on Kmeaw's cfw.

I've installed it on a phat and a slim and haven't had any problems.

TeamOverload

Multiman and Rogero launchers here for me. Rogero seems to have loaded everything I want to play just fine :) Use Multiman on occasion though.