• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

So you want to write for MfM

EvilSeph

Administrator
If you find yourself visiting M for Mature every day, actively participating in the community and want to give back to M for Mature and contribute more quality content, then you're in the right thread.

We at M for Mature pride ourselves on the amount of care and dedication we have towards our community and our network. That being said, systems need to be put in place for things to run smoothly and things to get done in a timely fashion.

Requirements
You need to be somewhat proficient in the English language. This is not to say you need to have perfect grammar and diction, however common grammar and spelling errors shouldn't be an issue for you and you should be able to properly edit your own work.

You need to be dedicated and have the right attitude towards wanting to bring more to M for Mature

You need to be able to read, follow and apply our article writing guidelines to your writing. To get access to the M for Mature Article Writing Guidelines, please contact myself or one of our other staff and we'll be happy to give you it.

While age does not matter, you need to be able to act responsibly and maturely and conduct yourself in a manner that represents M for Mature in a positive light.

The M for Mature Editing Process
If you find yourself meeting all the requirements and still want to contribute well written, quality articles, then you'll want to familiarise yourself with the M for Mature Editing Process.

The M for Mature Editing Process is a 3 step process that ensures our writers are capable of offering the high quality content our users have come to expect from us. While we do want to churn out the best content possible, we also want to avoid hindering the publishing process, so a balance is needed between the time and effort we put into editing and the freedom we give our Front Page Contributors.

Step 1
Upon applying to be a writer, you'll need to include a sample article that accurately and effectively displays your writing ability. This means the sample article you are submitting with your application is your final draft; should have little to no errors that proof reading and spell checking can catch. Once we've received your application, we'll pick apart your sample article and gauge your writing ability and understanding of the English language.

Please note: your sample article may or may not be published to the front page as an actual article.

Step 2
Once we've gone through your sample article and accept your application, you'll be given a front page account to submit your articles through. Every time you submit an article, it will be automatically submitted for review. When we've approved enough of your articles (usually 2) and we decide your writing ability demonstrates you are capable of self-editing, you'll be given an Author's account.

Step 3
After you've written a few articles and had them edited by us through our review process, you'll generally be given an Author's account that gives you access to write and publish articles directly to the front page. By this stage, you should be able to proof-read, spell check and edit your own articles to ensure they are of the quality our community has come to expect.

Anything more than these three steps is usually done at the discretion of our editors and does not constitute the official M for Mature Editing Process. For example, I sometimes offer to work more directly with a writer to help them improve on their writing. While I have no problem doing so, I do it on my own time and outside of the M for Mature Editing Process.

So how do I apply to be an M for Mature writer?
M for Mature is always on the lookout for talented writers with the drive to get quality articles out of the door for everyone to view. So, if being a bigger part of M for Mature is something you're interested in, contributing content to our community is an excellent way of doing so.

Interested candidates should email staff@mformature.net with their alias on the forums, a sample article and why you believe you should be the next MfM writer as well as a brief explanation on why you're applying. Since we get other email at this address, please use the subject line [Writer Application] <your alias> so that we may organise all the applications with appropriate filters.

Hopefully I've made our Editing Process clear and easy to follow. Nonetheless, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of our staff.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Awesome post ES :p This shiuld make it clear to any who wish to participate in the community

Bill

Since we get other email at this address, please use the subject line [Writer Application] <your alias> so that we may organise all the applications with appropriate filters.

I found a mistake. Does this mean I qualify? :)

But on a serious note, this is a great idea. I've been putting off writing a sample article for a while now, but I might get around to it. Hopefully this helps MfM a great deal.

Cryox

Bro.
English English > American English

I found an error too. Bolded should be < ;)

Anyways, I might consider trying, seems interesting. I usually am pretty good at writing essays for school and stuff, so I might as well take a stab at this.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Thanks for the interest guys. It really rocks when people care so much they want to be a bigger part of our community.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I don't think it matters. Personally... I never know the difference and find myself switching between each of them anyway... :huh:

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
What I mean is that there are differences in spelling.

Differences in spelling:

colour/color
honour/honor
metre/meter

I'm unaware of the international spelling of things as my teachers are too conceded when I ask questions. The idiots are all separatists and hate teaching the English language (there's something to be said about a Quebec separatist teaching an English course).

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
We tend to use the Americanized spellings more so even though the staff and membership is very diverse.

Dan

Contributor
Who actually checks a review for the spelling used anyway?

It isn't that important. Just use whatever you're used to.

Slasher

Suck It
What I mean is that there are differences in spelling.

Differences in spelling:

colour/color
honour/honor
metre/meter

I'm unaware of the international spelling of things as my teachers are too conceded when I ask questions. The idiots are all separatists and hate teaching the English language (there's something to be said about a Quebec separatist teaching an English course).

Use what you're comfortable using

Personally, I spell how I was taught to spell

Canadian English I guess could be considered a cross between American and [classic?] English. We use u's in some words whereas American's don't eg. Colour/Color, favourite/favorite, etc... The only example I can think of that would be considered American I guess would be the spelling of Mum/Mom (Canadians would say Mom)

Anyways, my point is that you should probably spell with how you're comfortable spelling... Just my opinion

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Use what you're comfortable using

Personally, I spell how I was taught to spell

Canadian English I guess could be considered a cross between American and [classic?] English. We use u's in some words whereas American's don't eg. Colour/Color, favourite/favorite, etc... The only example I can think of that would be considered American I guess would be the spelling of Mum/Mom [HIGHLIGHT](Canadians would say Mom)[/HIGHLIGHT]

Anyways, my point is that you should probably spell with how you're comfortable spelling... Just my opinion

So would Americans.

Nick

i want to apply, but im sure that people will just deny me at first sight. so forget it.