• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

SOCOM: Confrontation

Slasher

Suck It
Just bought this on the PSN, waiting for it to download.

Can't wait to play it!
If I can actually get the game to work and get some game play in, I'll give my impressions.

Sullivan

I haven't touched warhawk once. It sits, on my shelf, colecting dust.

I am so getting this for the head set only.

Joey

Slasher said:
Just bought this on the PSN, waiting for it to download.

Can't wait to play it!
If I can actually get the game to work and get some game play in, I'll give my impressions.
You should have spent the extra $20 and got the headset...

The Headset is $50 alone, so $60 for the game and the headset is a steal.

Slasher

Suck It
Joey said:
You should have spent the extra $20 and got the headset...

The Headset is $50 alone, so $60 for the game and the headset is a steal.
I was thinking about doing that but am feeling kind of lazy :p

Oh well, I have a headset already so I can just use that I guess

Joey

Slasher said:
I was thinking about doing that but am feeling kind of lazy :p

Oh well, I have a headset already so I can just use that I guess
It's a really good headset... Easily the best I've used on the PS3.

Don't worry, I'm just trying to make you feel bad.

Slasher

Suck It
After a solid hour of play, this game certainly has its perks.

I love the collision detection, it's very precise and exact. I also like the way the guns feel. They just give off a vibe when fired that I haven't really experienced in much games. The strong sound of the bullet firing as well as the smoke and bullet flying out the gun, and then the impact of where the bullet hits just adds to the experience. I can see myself playing this quite a bit.

As joey mentioned there's something about it that lacks a current-gen feeling. I almost feel as if I'm playing on my ps2 with slightly enhanced graphics. The graphics are alright in this game, but something is lacking and setting it apart from the likes of COD4 or MGS4. I think higher res textures, and additional anti-aliasing would fix this, but I'm no expert.
~ Wow, as I'm writing this, I just joined one of the newly made levels. I must say, it looks miles above the remade levels I was playing before! Much smoother and better looking. Feels like current-gen. ~

The servers aren't too bad as of now. I notice they only provide enough room for 256 people to join per server, so all of the main ones for me (US EAST/WEST, CANADA EAST/WEST) are pretty much full all of the time. It took no more than 5-10 mins for me to successfully join a game. I'm sure this will be fixed with time by providing more servers.

.A.J.

1.2 patch is out

Anyone that plays this game feel free to add me to your PSN friends list. My PSN ID is AJGamer
Once I get some more time in on the game I will add my 2 cents as well. So far I seem to have better luck with connecting and playing than most but I haven't played much yet. We'll see if the 1.2 patch does much good.