• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Softmod Your Wii without Zelda or Modchip

Adiuvo

Awesome, thanks Explosions. How bad is the chance of bricking? Is it like the PSP where as long as you follow the directions it's basically impossible?
Hardrive said:
And this is easy, all you need is an SD card :)

Yeah, I'm really surprised it's that simple. My brother will be happy.

Hardrive

Contributor
Awesome, thanks Explosions. How bad is the chance of bricking? Is it like the PSP where as long as you follow the directions it's basically impossible?

It's pretty hard to brick, I think. I've softmodded three Wii's, all different versions. As long as you follow the instructions and don't do anything stupid like unplug your Wii, you should be fine.

Adiuvo

That's good to hear. Considering he's getting this for Christmas I don't really want to have him turn it on and have a black screen :S

Adiuvo

He's perma-banned, so yeah he won't be coming back.

Anyway, anyone can write a guide and if it's up to date and written well, it'll be stuck. There will be rep for the effort too.

WalangAlam

if im gona buy a new one. what do i need to look for for this to work? or ask the saleslady? system menu?

Seth

MD Party Room
Says it at the very top of the thread

will brick any LU64 or newer Wii's
So stay away from them or any newer wii

vukmatic

i updated to 4.2! is this a problem?

I was following your guide and the first thing that it said was that i had to update and since my wii was on the 3.1u firmware or something like that i updated and now i am on 4.2! Is this a problem for this hack :O?????
did i just make a big mistake??? please reply quickly!!

PS i accidently posted this as a new thread!! sorry!

insane

I was following your guide and the first thing that it said was that i had to update and since my wii was on the 3.1u firmware or something like that i updated and now i am on 4.2! Is this a problem for this hack :O?????
did i just make a big mistake??? please reply quickly!!

PS i accidently posted this as a new thread!! sorry!

Click on the link explosions posted, all will be explained there.