• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Some games don't show a total play time.

marioshroomed

In my account I have several games I have played that don't show a time played. They are not compilations, they are stand alone games. Ones I can names are Angry Alligator, Invector, Dreamworks Spirit, Deep Rock Galactic, Alteric, Knockout City, Dungeon Defenders II are all the most recent games that don't have a timer.

Why? Is this a glitch?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
These are showing playtime now:
Angry Alligator
Alteric
Dungeon Defenders II

However the others aren't showing playtime on PSN. When viewing your profile on PS5 it will not show playtime for the other games - they don't show up in your game list at all (still shows under Trophies though). I'm not sure what causes that, it has been noticed by others before and seemingly happens at random. I haven't noticed it with any PS5 games so it may be a tracking glitch specific to PS4.

If you get a PS5 at some point, would be interesting to know if launching any of the affected games on there gets them to show up.

Gorgar

Sorry to jack this thread, but I am not seeing playtime for:

-Rayman Legends (maybe because it was a free psn plus game, which I no longer have)
-Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 (Digital purchase, maybe the time is counted towards season 1?)
-Batman: The Enemy Within (Digital Purchase)
-I Am Bread (Digital Purchase)

All of my hours logged for these games seem to be from the second half of 2018 to January 2019

marioshroomed

I noticed that when I click on individual games I sometimes see a total play time. That was 2 weeks ago, now most games are showing a time stamp.

Anyways I do have an unrelated question to ask. I have wondered if exophase tracks play time when a a is suspended. I'm re playing ffx hd remaster and if I paused the game and suspended it to watch some netflix or take a nap, would it count the 30 minutes to 8 hours that I am not playing?

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Exophase extracts the playtime data from PlayStation servers, so it depends entirely on how PS4 and PS5 consoles handle the suspended period, I'm personally not sure if that is counted in the playtime or not.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry to jack this thread, but I am not seeing playtime for:

-Rayman Legends (maybe because it was a free psn plus game, which I no longer have)
-Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 (Digital purchase, maybe the time is counted towards season 1?)
-Batman: The Enemy Within (Digital Purchase)
-I Am Bread (Digital Purchase)

All of my hours logged for these games seem to be from the second half of 2018 to January 2019

If you no longer have the game or it is delisted from the store then the playtime is no longer viewable on PSN. With Minecraft, yes the hours are combined for those two, so we just apply it to the first game in the set. It's not possible to determine how many hours have been logged in each individually for these.

Batman: The Enemy Within & I Am Bread are not showing up on your game list at all on PSN. Not sure why this is, some games just don't track time for certain users as I mentioned above. It's completely random as to which games are affected by this too.

Last edited:

Gorgar

If you no longer have the game or it is delisted from the store then the playtime is no longer viewable on PSN. With Minecraft, yes the hours are combined for those two, so we just apply it to the first game in the set. It's not possible to determine how many hours have been logged in each individually for these.

Batman: The Enemy Within & I Am Bread are not showing up on your game list at all on PSN. Not sure why this is, some games just don't track time for certain users as I mentioned above. It's completely random as to which games are affected by this too.
Thank you so much for the explanation!

Kiyan13

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but my account always seems to be a session behind.

I've been tracking my playtime since January with a tracking site and exophase but they never agree on my playtime, the difference is always close to the amount of time I played on my last session. Also I'm not sure how or when exactly syncing on ps4 happens, can't seem to find a way to trigger it without starting a new session. Any idea?

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm, I don't have any idea honestly. My games on PS4 always sync playtime after I end my gaming session (and yeah, sometimes it may take a bit until PSN servers show the new playtime), but I never felt that my playtime was behind with a session.