• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony Details PlayStation Vita Online Modes, Cross Game Voice Chat Confirmed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
t5.jpg

The online experience on PSP left much to be desired. Sony is making it a priority with PlayStation Vita -- which boasts four specific modes that streamline the online experience. The first, dubbed Near, is a "location-based gifting system" akin to the 3DS' SpotPass.

"What Near does is it allows users to discover each other, leave gifts for each other and essentially find out more about games[...]

Continue reading: Sony Details PlayStation Vita Online Modes, Cross Game Voice Chat Confirmed...

hush404

Ehhh... I really just care about games. "Leaving Gifts" and using a "facebook wall-style interface" doesn't really interest me.

Richlando

Well if innovation is welcome lets see if they will price the sdk at an affordable price and make it available. I like the online features mentioned here myself, time will tell though how it all pans out. Vita purchase day one.

january39

eXo Staff
The XMB is functional but that's about it.

Dan

Contributor
They both look like ass. I'd rather have the XMB though.

As for Near, I can't see that catching on at all.