• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Expects To Restore 'Some' PSN Services Within A Week, Personal Information Likely Compromised,

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't know who to be more pissed at. The hackers who did this, or Sony for instigating the whole Jihad against them =\

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
From the language used and the information accessed this definitely sounds like it is unrelated to the unauthorized access to the dev network.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
From the language used and the information accessed this definitely sounds like it is unrelated to the unauthorized access to the dev network.

Yeah it's kinda obvious now =\ So while some kids were pirating pretending to be hackers some real hackers did some hacking of their own.

Magikal

This really does take the piss now, because the psn is free I'm not so worried when it comes back on as long as Sony get it sorted. If I was xbox on the other side I would be demanding money back. On the days the service was down. I think Sony should the give the ps3 users some form of compensation back. Maybe a free game when the service comes back online.

TeamOverload

Here's my issue. How is it that they don't think credit card information was stolen, yet they are so specific in pointing out that the number and expiration date might have been taken (but not security code)? Do they just save those two things..are do they know more than they're letting on? Not sure that one case posted above is much to go on but I guess we'll see.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Here's my issue. How is it that they don't think credit card information was stolen, yet they are so specific in pointing out that the number and expiration date might have been taken (but not security code)? Do they just save those two things..are do they know more than they're letting on? Not sure that one case posted above is much to go on but I guess we'll see.

Security codes are never saved so that's why it's not included in the list, it's not something they have

OUTL4W

Sooooooo what services will be back in a week?... is Sony going to negotiate with netflix on giving it's customers some type of credit for us?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Hilariously enough, I didn't agree to that New EULA a few months back.
And the credit card I had on file was canceled along with the account to open a new one in march.
Score!

TeamOverload

Security codes are never saved so that's why it's not included in the list, it's not something they have

Ah okay, I just figured it was required for most online services, and when people steal credit card information they manage to use it somehow for online activity.