• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Expects To Restore 'Some' PSN Services Within A Week, Personal Information Likely Compromised,

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
The most any consumer will get from that class action is a year's worth of credit monitoring. The bank I do business with lost a tape that was being transported to a credit reporting agency that had 90,000 customers personal info on it.

All they gave us was a years worth of credit monitoring and that's pretty much all you can ask for after the fact.
yea, im not expecting much of anything, but i would be more happy with the fact that sony would be held liable for the stolen information.

Sleeet

So I checked my email archive for the last time I made a purchase on PSN. The most "recent" email I got was all the way back in August 2008. I didn't receive an email from Sony yesterday either (which supposedly all PSN account holders were supposed to receive). Maybe what Sony refers to as account holders is only people who have CC's assigned to their account or are recent customers of the Store?
In other words: am I safe?

Dan

Contributor
Sony have over 70,000,000 people to email about this, so they'll be sending them in bulk over a period of time. Still haven't got mine yet, don't worry about it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm not sure if Netflix and Hulu are classified as PSN services. My guess is they'll be back up as soon as you can login to PSN.

By PSN services I assume Sony may be referring to things like the Store, PS Home, messaging, and trophy syncing.

january39

eXo Staff
I have an email from Sony, but does'nt say much more than i already knew :/ They should have advised people sooner.

Robby

Los Doyers!
That's not an exploit, it's more of buying into a modded lobby type of thing.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Because the title says "some psn services will be back" and I'm asking if Netflix & hulu will return & since they're both PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS, some type of reimbursement should be made at sony's expense.

Hulu is reimbursing members:
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/04/27/playstation-network-outage-hulu/
And so should Netflix....On sony's tab.
Netflix isn't a PSN service though, it's a different provider who offers it's service on the PS3 as a bonus. I don't think they should reimburse and I don't think they will. They don't need/have to.

You can still use the netflix service itself so it's not like you are missing out on anything. Go on your computer or put a movie in your instant queue.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
you can still use netflix on your ps3 despite the psn being down. ive been watching netflix this whole time.

El Diablo

Yeah sorry, I don't see how Netflix owes anyone anything. It's a paid service that has nothing to do with PSN that still works fine, whether or not the PS3 works.

Dan

Contributor
I just got an email from Vidzone, oh lawd should I open it?

Edit:

VidZone <replies@vidzone.tv>
to xxxxxxxxx@googlemail.com
date 25 April 2011 09:11
subject Harder, faster, stronger, better: VidZone gives you so much more than before.
mailed-by fwdto.net

Scam?

B

Bizarre

Edit:

subject Harder, faster, stronger, better: VidZone gives you so much more than before.
mailed-by fwdto.net

Scam?

I wouldn't, just to be on the safe side though, doesn't sound like anything important anyways.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Edit:

mailed-by fwdto.net

Scam?

Scam.

B

Bizarre

Thank God I don't like putting my credit card on anything, if people were smart they would be at a bank now getting a new card and cancelling their old ones.